If you’re looking for a unique craft that the kids will love, this stained glass turkey is a great option. It’s not everyday you see a colorful turkey shining light through a window! This craft is easy to make and festive for Thanksgiving.
What You Need
- Brown construction paper
- Tissue paper
- Marker pens
- Fold one corner of the brown paper to the long edge. Cut the excess rectangle off, leaving you with one square and one rectangle. Save the rectangle piece for later on.
- Fold the square in half diagonally, and then in half twice more.
- Place the center point at the bottom left, and cut along the open side so the fold forms several points.
- Cut a smooth curve out of each fold.
- Cut different colors of tissue paper to cover each hole of the brown paper. Make sure to trim any rough edges to create a clean look.
- Take the brown rectangle piece of paper and cut out the body of a turkey. Attach with glue and draw of the eyes, beak and legs with the colored markers.
Hang the stained glass turkey on a window that’s easily exposed to the sun!