Home Window Repair
A minor chip in your home window’s glass may not seem like a huge deal now. However, you may be surprised to learn how detrimental chipped glass is to your safety — even if the chip is small. Dirt and debris often wedge into chipped glass, causing the damage to spread. Once the chip grows in size or turns into a crack, you may end up having to replace the entire glass pane.
Glass in poor condition can also lose some of its durability, making it more susceptible to break-ins and damage from harsh weather conditions. Don’t let the damage to your home window develop into a more serious issue. If your window is chipped or otherwise compromised, let the professionals at Glass Doctor® help with our window repair service.
Need help now? Call 833-974-0209 for emergency service.
Glass Doctor Home Window Repair Services
We offer our repair service to homeowners with window glass concerns. Whether your window glass is broken, chipped, aged, or weakened, we will help.
Types of Window Glass We Repair In Your Home
We know that small blemishes in your home glass don’t always stay that way. That’s why we’re committed to providing you with service for every window glass type in your home.
Depending on the extent of the damage, our skilled professionals can repair:
If your glass is only part of the problem with your window, don’t worry. We also repair:
- Foggy double-pane windows
- Broken window sashes
- Defective window latches
To set up a consultation for our window repair service, schedule an appointment online with your local Glass Doctor. If you’re looking for a new window, we also offer prompt window installation services.
What to Do With a Broken Window: Pre-Replacement and Repair
- Call Glass Doctor®. Call our 24/7 emergency service line, 833-974-0209, or contact your local Glass Doctor directly to schedule an appointment. (Often, we can schedule service immediately, eliminating the need for you to do steps 3 and 4 below.)
- Determine the cause of the broken window. If you suspect your window has been broken as the result of a break-in, call the police immediately to file a report. This will also document the cause of the damage for the insurance claim. If the window needs to be replaced because of an act of nature or accident, you may also want to file an insurance claim to cover the cost of a replacement window. Before you try to clean up the damage, make sure to call your homeowners insurance carrier and determine whether they will need to inspect the damage or if a photo of the damage is sufficient evidence for a claim,
- Clean up any broken glass. If the window has shattered and left glass on the ground, carefully clean it up. Protect yourself and the members of your household from broken glass. Use heavy duty work gloves for the large pieces and a broom or shop vac for the small pieces. Should any shards of glass remain stuck in a window frame, carefully remove them while wearing gloves. It may be easiest to pull these remaining shards using a pair of pliers.
- Secure the window or opening. Using plastic sheeting, cardboard or plywood, cover the window opening. These materials are the most effective options for temporary protection from the elements. If security (from intruders) is crucial, consider boarding up the opening with 2 x 4s cut to size.
Your Initial Home Window Repair Visit
Our service professionals arrive at your residence on time and prepared for your first visit. This appointment is to assess the damage and discuss your window repair options.
In some cases, we can repair your glass the same day. If not, we’ll work with you to order the materials we need to make a seamless repair at a later date.
If your glass is beyond repair, we will discuss home glass window replacement options with you.
24/7 Emergency Residential Broken Window Pane Repair
We recognize that the glass in your home provides you with protection from dangerous outside factors such as fumes, harsh weather, and even theft. Our first priority is to keep you and your family safe. If you’re worried about the safety or security of your home in the short term, contact your local Glass Doctor for emergency service. Call us at any time — day or night — and your local Glass Doctor professional will travel to you in order to handle your glass emergency.
If an emergency repair or replacement cannot be completed with the glass we have on hand, our specialist will carefully board up and secure the window or door opening, keeping your family secure.
Contact Glass Doctor Now for Home Window Repair
A broken window is more than just an unsightly inconvenience — it’s a safety hazard. Repair your glass as soon as possible to keep the damage from worsening. Let Glass Doctor fix your panes with our efficient home window repair service. Call 833-974-0209 for emergency service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, or schedule an appointment online.