Let’s Talk Glass: Treat Yourself to New Glass Shelves
The way you decorate your home says a lot about your personal tastes. It also impacts the way guests feel when they walk in your front door. Bare walls lack personality and make your home feel sterile. However, shelves create the opportunity to display objects proudly, to give your home more character and vigor.
Glass shelves, in particular, are a beautiful and versatile option to showcase artwork, pictures, and curios. Glass Doctor® offers the custom glass services you need to create the new glass shelves you’re looking for. When you choose our team of glass professionals to fabricate custom tempered glass shelves, you can expect the whole package, including glass shelves brackets, for easy installation in any location you choose.
The Versatility of Glass Shelves
Glass shelving is appropriate for any room in your home. The unique qualities of glass allow you to display objects without weighing down the room or making it look cluttered. In fact, because glass is transparent, the shelves themselves practically disappear. This way, all your attention is drawn to the objects on display, not the shelves they’re sitting on.
- Glass wall shelves: Depending on what you want to showcase, you can choose from a wide variety of glass wall shelves and bracket styles. Corner shelves are a particularly unique way of adding a little decoration to a room, especially when you mount several shelves together and display objects that are aesthetically pleasing together.
- Glass shelves for cabinets: If you have a lit cabinet to display knick-knacks, glass shelves are a must to keep everything within the cabinet brightly lit and easy to see. You can order custom replacement glass shelves for curio cabinets from Glass Doctor.
- Glass shelves in the bathroom: While glass shelves look classy in any room, the bathroom is a particularly good place to install them. Not only do glass shelves look aesthetically pleasing next to the large vanity mirror, but this material is practical as well. After all, glass isn’t susceptible to warping, cracking, or rotting when exposed to high humidity the way wood shelves are.
Benefits of Glass Shelves
With many different materials to choose from, you may wonder why custom tempered glass shelves should be your top pick. Consider these benefits:
- Easy to clean: All you need to wipe down dusty glass shelves is a little glass cleaner and a paper towel.
- Waterproof: There’s no reason to worry about water damage when you have glass shelving. Whether you want to install shelves in a humid location like the bathroom or you want the option to set a drink down, water can’t damage glass shelves.
- Safe: The edges of glass shelves are smooth and polished so no sharp edges remain. There’s no risk of cutting yourself on your glass shelves during installation or day-to-day use.
- Transparent: This unique characteristic of glass sets it apart from other shelving materials. When you display figurines or artwork on glass shelves, decorative lighting more effectively showcases the objects because the light passes through the shelving rather than bouncing off of it.
There’s so much you can do with custom tempered glass shelves! Whether you plan to mount them to the wall with glass shelves brackets or you’re looking for replacement glass shelves for your curio cabinet, this is a great time to treat yourself to quality shelves made of glass.
For help bringing your project to life, trust Glass Doctor to deliver exceptional custom glass services. To learn more, please contact us today!