Patio Door Installation, Replacement and Repair
Patio doors are your gateway to the outdoors. Available in a variety of treatments and styles, patio doors are an important and functional part of every home design. And the choices are many. From double pane glass and blind inserts to sleek modern sliding and country style swinging doors, there’s a door for every style.
Should I Repair or Replace My Patio Door?
A broken patio door is an eyesore, a potential security risk, and a source of home temperature fluctuation. When deciding whether to repair or replace your patio door, take the condition of the entire door into consideration. A chip or crack in the glass are the most obvious forms of damage, but they’re not the only signs you need to watch for. For example, double panes, also known as insulated glass units (IGUs), that appear cloudy or have condensation between panes are a surefire sign of failing seals.
Other patio door replacement and repair factors include wear and tear on the frame and hardware. If the door requires a new lock or to be reset on the track, the door can be repaired. If the door is warped or has larger structural damage, it’s probably time to replace the entire door.
Remember, if it’s an individual component of the door that needs repair or replacement, the door is often salvageable with a repair. If multiple components of the door are broken, or if the door no longer fits your home’s aesthetic, now is the perfect time to upgrade your door.
Visit our Window Repair and Replacement page for more information about repairing or replacing the glass components of your patio door.
Emergency Glass Patio Door Repair
For 24/7 emergency glass patio door repair, call 833-974-0209.
Sliding, Swinging and Folding Patio Door Installation
If you’re looking to install a new patio door or replace an existing one, you have options. French, sliding glass, and folding patio doors are all excellent options. Begin by deciding which patio door style is right for you.
Which Patio Door is Right for You?
Determine what patio door style is right for you.
- Sliding Patio Doors – sliding patio doors comprised of two or more pieces of glass that are installed parallel to one another with the pieces or panels overlapping slightly in the middle. The panels are either installed within a grove or suspended from a track. Generally, one piece of the sliding door is stationary, and one piece is opened by being drawn across a track.
- Swinging Patio Doors – swinging doors installed in pairs and hung by hinges on opposite sides. Swinging or French doors meet in the middle These doors often come in pairs and are hung with hinges on the opposite sides of the center meeting point.
- Folding Patio Doors – folding doors, also known as accordion doors, containing between two and eight leaves or folding sections joined by a series of hinges. The door folds like an accordion to open.
Contact your local Glass Doctor with any questions and to schedule installation of your new patio door.
Wait, What’s a French Door?
While it’s common for any swinging patio door to be referred to as a “French door” or “French doors,” that’s not actually accurate. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, a French door is “a door with rectangular glass panes extending the full length.” If you’re looking to install a true French door in your home, look for a door with large, rectangular panes of glass.
What Material Fits Your Aesthetic?
Each patio door style can be manufactured in a variety of door frame materials and finishes. From traditional wood to fiberglass or vinyl, each has associated advantages and drawbacks. Be sure to consider the location of the door – Will the door be in direct sunlight all day? Is the door location near a busy road or noisy neighbor? – and the amount of maintenance you are willing to undertake to keep your new door in good condition.
Budget will also impact your choice of frame material. Vinyl doors tend to be the least expensive option, with wood doors usually exceeding both vinyl and fiberglass doors in price.
Glass Doctor Custom Glass Patio Door Solutions
At Glass Doctor, we install of a number of custom patio glass solutions to upgrade your new or existing patio door:
- Double-pane windows with sliding blinds
- Decorative glass with matching side window panes
- All-weather glass that meets or exceeds regulations
- Energy-efficient glass, Double-pane glass
- Low-E Glass
- Hurricane-rated laminated glass
- Pet door installation
- Hydrophobic coating glass protectant
- Glass tint
Why Choose Glass Doctor?
We fix your panes!
If you need your residential glass project done right, you need Glass Doctor. Whether you’re installing a brand-new patio door or repairing or replacing an existing sliding, swinging or folding patio door, we’re here to help. Our team is on-call and available for regularly scheduled and emergency patio door repair.
Call on Glass Doctor 24 hours a day, seven days a week, even on weekends and holidays. Our glass experts provide upfront pricing and complete work in a timely manner. Contact your local Glass Doctor for all your glass needs.