Did you know that a windshield crack more three inches long or a chip larger than 3/8 of an inch both require a complete windshield replacement? According to the Auto Glass Safety Council, a windshield makes up to 60 percent of a car’s structural integrity in a rollover accident, although the percentage varies depending on the car's make and model.
The windshield professionals at Glass Doctor know how important timely windshield replacement is to your safety. Members of our local team will assess the damage to your car and provide a recommendation to repair or replace your windshield based on over 55 years of experience in the glass service industry.
The Glass Doctor Car Windshield Replacement Process
Glass Doctor performs a series of steps to ensure the proper replacement of your windshield.
- The windshield is carefully removed to avoid damage to the paint and bonding surface, a process that prevents leaks and corrosion.
- A windshield matching the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) quality is selected for installation.
- Only Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) approved adhesives are applied to cars during the windshield replacement.
- The new windshield is replaced with procedures recommended by the AGSC. The recommended one-hour drive-away time for passenger safety is then observed, allowing the adhesive to cure for safe driving.
- We review our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, which states that if your new windshield is damaged within 12 months, we will repair chips and cracks free of charge. If the windshield is broken beyond repair, Glass Doctor will replace the glass for free.
Mobile Windshield Replacement by Glass Doctor
Think you’re too busy to replace your windshield? Think again. We know our customers are busy people. To keep you on the go, Glass Doctor locations throughout the U.S. offer mobile glass replacement at no additional cost. Contact a member of our team to schedule your mobile windshield replacement.
Is DIY Windshield Replacement a Good Idea?
While there are many DIY glass solutions that we endorse, DIY windshield glass replacement is not a process we recommend. To provide a proper fit and seal, windshield replacement requires highly specialized tools and materials – much more specialized than those found in the average home garage. An improperly installed windshield can be both unsightly and dangerous. The glass specialists at your local Glass Doctor are highly skilled in both in-shop and mobile windshield replacement. Contact your local Glass Doctor today for a windshield replacement consultation.
Paying for Your Car Windshield Replacement
Car windshield replacement costs vary based on the type of damage and the make and model of your vehicle. Fortunately, most car insurance policies will cover all or most of the cost of necessary windshield replacement. Learn more about windshield replacement prices, or contact Glass Doctor for an estimate.
Let Glass Doctor Fix Your Auto Panes
In your home or in your car, Glass Doctor is committed to fixing your panes. Learn more about Glass Doctor Home Glass, Auto Glass and Business Glass solutions, or check out our blog. Find a local technician and schedule an appointment today.