Did you know that the right window screen can protect you and your family from the sun? While conventional window screens are important for keeping your home safe from insects, they are not practical for protecting your home from the sun’s rays. Replacing your traditional window screens with solar screens will increase your home’s efficiency and protect your home and family from the harmful effects of UVA and UVB rays.
What Is a Solar Window Screen?
Solar screens or window sun screens are an alternative to traditional window screens. Often made of PVC-coated polyester, solar screens aid in reducing heat transfer through glass. Installed on the outside of the window or in place of a traditional screen, solar screens can help your family reduce cooling costs and increase the privacy of your home without blocking views or reducing airflow.
Solar screens offer an array of unique benefits including:
- A reduction in window glare.
- Increased privacy.
- The filtering of UVA and UVB light that can harm your skin and eyes and cause fading in furniture and other items in your home. A significant reduction in energy costs:In the summer, solar screens keep the interior of your home cooler by keeping out 80-90 percent of the sun’s heat.
- In the winter, solar screens help keep cool air out and warm air in.
- Resistant to pet damage (thanks to the strong vinyl-coated polyesters used in their construction).
Like conventional screens, solar screens also:
- Keep insects outdoors where they belong.
Why Choose Solar Screens?
Solar screens are a solution for home or business owners looking to reduce energy costs without replacing their windows. With solar screens, increased energy efficiency can be achieved at a fraction of the cost of window replacement. Even those with new windows can save on energy bills by installing solar screens.
Solar Screen Installation
Picking the right solar screen for your space is a task best left to the professionals. At Glass Doctor, we make recommendations based on your answers to four key questions:
- How much heat blockage would you like from your window sun screen?
- How much natural light would you like to enter your home?
- What degree of privacy are you looking for?
- Do you have any color preferences regarding the screens’ effect on the exterior look of your home?
During your consultation, Glass Doctor will help you determine which windows to solar screen, measure your windows, pick materials, and schedule your solar screen installation appointment.
Let Glass Doctor Fix Your Solar Screen Panes
If you’re looking to reduce your energy bills or increase the privacy of your home, look no further. Contact your local Glass Doctor today for more information on the perfect solar window screens for your home. We can’t wait to fix your window screen panes! Call 833-974-0209 or schedule an appointment online.
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.