Let’s Talk Glass: Custom Glass Tabletops
Topping off your tables with holiday gear? Custom glass table tops just might be the icing on the cake. A hassle-free way to protect furniture and update it with a new look, before you deck the tables in your halls with new or heirloom holiday décor, minimize the look of current wear and tear and provide future protection with uniquely designed custom glass options.
Glass tabletops are the gift that keeps on giving…
- Making furniture easier to clean.
- Dramatically enhancing fine furniture.
- Quickly and easily refreshing older surfaces, adding luster to (or camouflaging) dull tabletops.
- Protecting against nicks, scratches, glass rings, spills, stains, sun and other damage.
Wrap your holiday tabletop in custom glass
No matter the shape of your furniture, we have the tools and technology necessary to create perfectly fitted custom glass tabletops.
Choose from thinner 1/8 to 1/4 inch glass surfaces for most wood furniture, or increase the profile to 3/8 or 1/2 inch thickness depending on the weight capacity of your furniture.
Adorn your glass tabletops with a standard polished flat edge, or add dramatic flair with a penciled, beveled, or ogee edge.
Choose from custom-tinted glass in an array of colors and opacities, including frosted, mirrored, grey, bronze, green, blue, and more.
- Tempered glass
For outdoor furniture, pool surrounds, and areas frequented by your adventurous little elves, stronger, more durable tempered glass offers an ideal solution, shattering into small, pebble-like pieces devoid of sharp edges.
Santa’s coming to town…
With custom glass - but so are your in-laws. Luckily, caring for your new custom glass tabletops is a snap. Just mix 50 percent part white vinegar and 50 percent part water together, then wipe with a newspaper or clean, lint-free cloth. Avoid ammonia and other abrasive products, keeping incompatible cleaners, linty paper towels, sharp objects (like keys and your aunt’s high-heels) off the table. Speaking of your aunt – and eggnog – you should also protect your new custom glass tabletops from hair-brained holiday stunts, such as:
- Slamming your cider mug (or other objects) down on the glass.
- Allowing sugared-up kids to run around near or jumping on the couch by your new glass tabletops.
- Using your tables (and glass tabletops) as seats or in lieu of a ladder to adjust holiday lights.
Looking for a little extra sparkle this holiday season? Add a gleam to your eyes with custom glass tabletops. Contact Glass Doctor® today.