Windshield Replacement & Repair in Grand Junction, CO
Auto glass damage happens, and it's never convenient. When your car catches a rock, repair or replacement is best done sooner, rather than later, because driving with a damaged windshield is risky. Immediate repair or auto glass replacement is needed if your windshield suffers a crack longer than three inches or a chip larger than 3/8 inch. Glass Doctor® of Grand Junction will always repair a vehicle's damaged glass if possible; this is the best financial choice for you and the best option for our environment.
Some of the deciding factors we consider when considering auto glass repair include:
- Size: Chips larger than 3/8" and cracks more than three inches in length generally require windshield replacement. However, damage to auto glass is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Location: Windshield cracks that have splintered to the edge will probably spread even more over time. You may get a citation for driving with windshield chips or cracks directly in your line of vision, so it is better to replace this sort of damage.
- Time: If you wait too long, your minor chip or crack will accumulate dirt and other airborne debris, which buildup may make a repair no longer possible and a replacement will be necessary.
The professionals at Glass Doctor of Grand Junction work from a proven process for proper windshield replacement:
- The windshield is carefully removed to avoid any additional damage to paint and bonding surface.
- We follow original equipment manufacturer (OEM) guidelines for your windshield’s mounting and materials.
- Adhesives are applied to the perimeter of the windshield to seal the pane.
- Your new windshield’s recommended drive-away time is one hour, which allows the adhesive to cure.
- We will review the Glass Doctor of Grand Junction Windshield Protection Plan. If your new windshield is damaged within 12 months, we will repair the damaged windshield for free.
Glass Doctor of Grand Junction always follows Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) standards when replacing or repairing vehicle glass. It is essential to quickly repair or replace a damaged windshield. According to AGSC, a windshield provides up to 60% of the support during a rollover accident, so we always recommend beginning work as soon as possible.
Quality Windshield Care
It’s important to have your auto glass replacement or repair done professionally, but even more critical when you have windshield damage. Most of your vehicle’s electronic and computerized devices are routed through and into your windshield.
Prior to scheduling work with our team, we recommend contacting your insurance agent as soon as any damage to your vehicle occurs. We will file all the necessary paperwork with your insurance provider.
Glass Doctor of Grand Junction is Mesa County’s full-service glass company. Our glass professionals live in Clifton, Fruita, Grand Junction and surrounding areas, so our neighbors’ safety is our top priority. We do it all, but auto glass replacement and repair is what we do most. If you have questions about auto glass replacement and repair for your home or business, contact us or call 970-986-4001. Don’t delay repairing damaged windshields; a small crack may become larger and more dangerous. Make an evaluation appointment now.