Windshield Repair and Replacement
Convenience for Our Customers
Our professional and prompt windshield specialists at Glass Doctor Waco, TX will come to your location in specially equipped vehicles. They will evaluate the damage on your windshield and determine the best solution for your vehicle. Before any work is started, the specialist will provide an exact cost of windshield repair or replacement.
We will quickly repair windshield chips and cracks before they become bigger problems. If repair is possible, the procedure should take less than one hour.
Our specialist considers three particular factors in deciding whether a windshield repair is warranted or a replacement is needed.
- Size: A chip that is larger than 3/8 inch or a crack that exceeds three inches and is spreading is usually not a candidate for windshield repair.
- Llocation of the crack is critical in determining whether a windshield repair or replacement is warranted. If the crack is at the edge of the glass, repair may not be an option since spreading is more likely. Also if the crack is in the driver’s line of vision, a completed repair may still interfere with a clear view of the road ahead.
- The time that has elapsed since the original damage can be a factor too. With continuing exposure, even the smallest crack can begin to fill with dirt and dust making effective repair impossible.
Windshield Replacement Process:
We follows the stringent measures of the Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) when installing replacement windshields. Any replacement windshield matches the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications.
- Damaged windshield is carefully removed.
- Using only AGSC-approved adhesives, the new windshield is put in place.
- One hour is required for the adhesive to dry and to allow the windshield to completely bond with the surrounding structure. The car may not be moved during this time.
- A Glass Doctor specialist will review the Windshield Protection Plan with the owner. This warranty requires Glass Doctor to repair any cracks or chips that may occur during the subsequent 12 months. If the windshield cannot be repaired, Glass Doctor will replace it with a new one.
Glass Insurance Claims
Glass Doctor Waco, TX in Waco works with all insurance companies and will assist by filing insurance claims directly. Before filing a claim, the owner should first contact the insurance agent to determine if windshield repair or replacement is covered. Because of the lower cost of repair versus replacement, insurance companies often waive the deductible for repairing cracks and chips and pay for the repair in full.
Schedule an appointment online with Waco’s auto glass specialists!