Commercial Door Closer Service
When customers walk into your store it is always the first impression that matters. This first impression can be tainted by having a storefront door that is either difficult to open, or sticks while a customer is trying to enter, or leave. By installing a commercial door closer, you are ensuring that customers have an easy entrance to your business. Glass doctor of Tacoma, WA provide premium installation, repair, replacement and maintenance to your commercial door closer today!
Great customer service begins when your customer walks through the door. Make sure your business’ first impression begins with a door that works properly.
What is a Door Closer?
A commercial door closer allows for customers to open heavy glass storefront doors and walk throughout without feeling the full weight of the door or having to physically close the door. A properly installed door closer works like this:
- As the customer starts to open the door they feel an initial resistance, showing how heavy the door actually is.
- After that initial resistance, the door will smoothly glide open, allowing the customer to enter the store.
- As the customer passes through the doorway, letting go of the door, the mechanisms within the door closer will hold the force of the door and gently guide it closed into the doorframe.
All of these steps allow for a customer to smoothly enter your business without the strain of opening a heavy front door, or the loud sound of banging as the door slams shut.
Glass Doctor of Tacoma, WA employs courteous and professional technicians who work diligently to make sure that your door closer is properly installed and maintained. All of this starts with the installation. Our technicians perform the following steps in order to install your commercial door closer to your business:
- After observing your door we will decide the right door closer for your door.
- Prepare the door and the doorframe for installation.
- Install the necessary hardware to both your doorframe and your door.
- Connect both pieces of the commercial door.
- Double check everything is in working order.
Commercial Door Closer Repair and Maintenance
When Glass Doctor frequently has to repair or do regular maintenance on door closers, we have found it to be because of these three key problems:
1. Broken Seals and Low Oil Levels: It is imperative to have a professional replace the oil in a door closer, because lack of lubrication causes doors to open or close too quickly, leading to broken seals. These broken seals expose clearance gaps, leaving hardware vulnerable and may cause lubrication leaks. Oil leaks generally indicate a mechanical problem with the door closer, such as a broken O-ring, failed seals, or a missing screw.
2. Improperly Installed and Adjusted Door Closers: Incorrectly installed door closers will lead to the risk of misalignment and make it significantly more difficult to open and close your storefront door. Glass Doctor specialists bring the right tools to repair and maintain commercial door closers to ensure that:
- Abnormal or unexpected movements of the doors are prevented.
- The lifespan of the door closer is elongated.
- Your door and door closer will remain in good working condition.
3. Wrong Type of Door Closer: Heavy storefront doors require a strong door closer with strong springs that can hold the weight and the force of the door. If a door closer is installed that cannot hold the force of the door, it poses a safety risk of misalignment that can damage the closer or the actual door.
Styles of Door Closers
The style of your commercial door closer is extremely important. These door closers can decide between holding your door open or causing mechanical problems when entering your business. They can fit your store aesthetic, or not. Glass Doctor of Tacoma, WA gives our customers the decisions between a wide variety of styles:
- Regular Arm - this is the most power efficient and mounted on the exterior of the door.
- Top Jam - used frequently for glass storefront doors.
- Parallel Arm - because of their inability to be vandalized, these are more typically used in schools.
- Regular Arm - the most power efficient, this is mounted on the exterior of the door.
- Concealed - fitted into the door or the doorframe, this is hidden from sight.
- Surface-Mounted - usually the most cost-efficient, this is fitted to the doorframe.
If your door closer is under warranty, don’t accidently void your contract by having an untrained worker attempt repair on it. The professional and courteous workers at Glass Doctor of Tacoma, WA are experts in their field and trained in installing, maintain, and repairing these commercial door closers along with doorframes, glass repairs, hinges, storefront glass and hardware. Schedule an appointment with our specialists today or call us at (253) 336-8150 today!