Commercial Door Closer Service
Your business’ entrance is the first impression that customers get of you and your business. Let it be a good one. Glass Doctor of State College specialists can install a commercial door closer to your business glass door to create a welcoming, easy entrance into the building. Make sure your front door is in tip top shape with at commercial door closer today.
What is a Commercial Door Closer
A commercial door closer allows customers to easily enter your business through a heavy door by using a mechanism that allows the door to gently close without people having to physically close it. A properly installed door closer works like so:
- As the customer opens the door, they will feel an initial resistance, showing how heavy the door actually is.
- After the initial resistance the door will smoothly glide open and the customer can walk inside.
- As the customer lets go of the door after entering, a spring in the door will force the mechanism’s arm to hold on to the weight and force of the door as it gently closes the door to fit inside the doorframe.
Installation of Commercial Door Closers
Businesses that use commercial door closers are widely varied, from school to hospitals, restaurants, small businesses and everything in between, these mechanisms are a way to enhance your building. Glass Doctor of State College performs the following steps in order to install your commercial door closer to your storefront entrance:
- Identify the right commercial door closer for your door.
- Prepare the door and doorframe for installation.
- Install the necessary hardware to both the door and the doorframe.
- Connect the mechanisms of the commercial door closer.
- Check the closer to make sure that everything is working smoothly.
Our specialists take the upmost care to either install a new glass storefront door with a commercial door closer or to add the closer to an existing door.
Styles of Door Closers
Glass Doctor of State College offers a wide assortment of choices when deciding what would best fit with your store’s aesthetics. The styles are as follows:
Attached to the Top of the Doors
- Top Jam – used frequently for glass storefront doors.
- Parallel Arms – because of its inability to be vandalized, these are the top choices for schools.
- Regular Arms – the most power efficient, this is mounted on the exterior of the door.
Attached to the Bottom or Hidden from Sight
- Surface Mounted – fitted to the doorframe, this is the most cost-effective.
- Concealed – fitted into the door or the doorframe, these are hidden from sight.
- Floor-Spring – this is mounted to the floor and concealed.
Repair and Maintenance
Glass Doctor of State College’s technicians frequently repair and replace door closers because of these three key reasons:
1) Incorrect Types of Door Closers – Heave glass doors require a strong door closer with strong springs that are able to hold the weight and force of the door as it closes. If the wrong type of closer is installed it can pose the safety risk of misalignment that can damage the closer or the actual door.
2) Broken Seals and Low Oil Levels – Low oil levels generally indicate a mechanical problem with the door closer, such as a broken O-ring, a missing screw, or failed seals. These broken seals expose clearance gaps that leave hardware vulnerable and could cause lubricant leaks.
3) Improperly Installed and Adjusted Door Closers – Wrongly installed door closers lead to the risk of misalignment and make it more difficult to open and close the door, even running the risk of the door jamming. Glass Doctor of State College uses the right tools to install and maintain commercial door closers so that:
- The lifespan of the door closer will be maximized.
- Abnormal or unexpected movements of the door are prevented.
- The door will remain in good working conditions.
If your door is under warranty, don’t accidentally void your contract by having an untrained worker attempt repair on it. Glass Doctor of State College employs courteous and professional technicians that are experts in their field and have extensive training in installing, maintaining, repairing, and replacing commercial door closers. In addition to offering these services, the specialists are also fully training in helping with doorframe, glass repairs, hinges, storefront glass and other hardware.
Glass Doctor of State College is eager to help your storefront entrance needs. Our commercial door closers will help keep your door, and everyone who enters through it, safe. Call us at (814) 626-9100 to schedule a free consultation today.