Windshield Repair and Replacement
Suffering a rock chip or crack in the front windshield of your vehicle isn't at all uncommon in this part of the country. At Glass Doctor® of The Tri Cities, we see evidence of this just about every day and are happy to provide expert advice and service to many of our neighbors here in Pasco, Kennewick and Richland. We specialize in auto windshield repair and windshield replacement. Our uniformed glass specialists have the capability of fixing many chips and cracks we encounter and, whenever possible, repair is the course we'll recommend.
Our expert service personnel are trained to adhere to the industry’s best practices. If a windshield replacement is warranted, our promise is to return the strength and integrity of your original windshield by installing a new one of equal or better quality than the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) unit and meeting or surpassing all manufacturers' specifications. The decision whether to repair or replace a particular windshield will be determined in accordance with the following guidelines.
Replace or Repair?
Here are some important factors to consider when deciding whether to undergo a complete windshield replacement or an easier, less expensive windshield repair:
- Size - on average, chips 3/8 inch or less in diameter and cracks three inches or less in length can be successfully repaired, with certain exceptions.
- Damage location - if a small crack has started to grow and run toward the windshield's edge, repair is not a good option. If a crack or chip is located near the driver's line-of-sight, this windshield should also be replaced rather than repaired.
- Time duration - it's important to attend to a repair as soon as possible to prevent dirt accumulation from making a successful repair unlikely.
The Repair Option
When a windshield repair is possible, Glass Doctor of The Tri Cities in Pasco will always recommend that course of action over windshield replacement because:
- Repairs are quicker, easier and more convenient. Most windshield repair jobs can be done in about an hour and our auto glass specialists can even come to your location to do the job.
- Repairing a windshield is considerably less expensive than replacing it.
- In many cases, your insurance company may offer to reduce your deductible down to zero as an incentive for you to choose the less expensive repair option over a replacement that would cost them significantly more. Our team will even submit the necessary claims forms to your insurance company.
- Repairing instead of replacing saves another large item from ending up in the landfill, thereby protecting the environment.
The timely replacement of a vehicle’s windshield is not something that should be delayed from a safety standpoint. According to experts at the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), an intact front windshield can represent up to 60% of your car's architectural strength during a rollover accident. Even in a front-end collision, it provides as much as 45%. Risking occupant safety by having a less than properly functioning windshield is unacceptable. Windshield replacement at Glass Doctor of The Tri Cities in Pasco involves the following:
- Extreme care is used in removing the old windshield to protect the paint and bonding surfaces.
- A new windshield of equal or better quality than the original is selected. Integrated windshield antennas, gauges and sensors are properly matched.
- AGSC best industry practices are followed for adhesives used, installation techniques and required drying time.
- New windshields are accompanied by our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, explained here.
Glass Doctor of The Tri Cities in Pasco has been repairing and replacing local clients' vehicle windshields with excellent results for years. Give us a call today for a free quote or to schedule an appointment.