Windshield Repair and Replacement
A damaged windshield leaves you exposed to severe injury, which is why you should address even minor cracks and chips as soon as you notice them. Glass Doctor® of Olympia provides quick and effective windshield repair and replacement for all vehicles.
In dealing with damaged windshields, our specialists must first decide whether it should repair or replace the glass. To do this, we assess the damage based on:
- Size: In general, we only repair cracks that are less than three inches in length or chips that are smaller than 3/8ths of an inch. Anything larger warrants replacement.
- Location: If the crack or chip lies in your line of sight, we replace it, as repairing it will leave a mark that may obscure your vision. Cracks on the edge of the windshield must also be replaced, as they will spread and cause further damage.
- Time: Cracks and chips that are left unattended fill up with dirt and debris. The longer this goes on, the harder it is to repair the damage.
Before you request a windshield repair job, call your insurance agent to make sure the service is covered. We accept all major insurance policies and will take care of the insurance paperwork for you
Don't ignore windshield damage until it's too late. Our expert team will quickly assess the damage, determine if windshield repair or replacement is necessary, and restore your car to full working order.
The sooner you address windshield damage, the more likely it is that you can repair it. Repair is preferable to replacement because of:
- Convenience: We usually complete repairs in less than one hour.
- Cost: Apply resin is less expensive than replacing a windshield.
- Insurance Benefits: Many insurance companies pay for minor repairs entirely, eliminating out-of-pocket costs.
- Sustainability: Repairs avoid using new resources or throwing glass in a landfill.
At Glass Doctor of Olympia, we begin the repair process by removing any debris from the affected area. We then drill a smooth passageway in the area, cure the resin and polish the windshield.
During a rollover accident, your windshield provides about 60% of the vehicle’s structural integrity, making quick replacement crucial if your windshield is severely damaged. We use the following steps during windshield replacement:
- We remove the original windshield, taking care not to disrupt the car's bonding surface or paint, which are necessary to prevent corrosion.
- We find a new windshield of the same quality as that of the original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
- We apply an adhesive to the windshield's frame, choosing only from adhesives that are approved by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC).
- We install the new windshield, following the AGSC’s standards.
- We wait one hour for the adhesive to cure before allowing you to drive the vehicle.
All of Glass Doctor's windshield replacement jobs are covered by our G12® Windshield Road Hazard Warranty. This means that if your windshield is damaged within a year of our replacing it, we will provide windshield repair or replacement services free of charge.
Contact Glass Doctor of Olympia today to schedule your free auto glass or car window repair consultation. Our professionals will evaluate the damage and provide a detailed estimate of the work involved so your vehicle is restored to its original condition.