Commercial Door Closer Service
Having a difficult time entering a store can instantly turn a customer off from your business. Contact Glass Doctor of North Platte for a commercial door closer installation. These closers give a positive first impression to your business by giving customers an easy and seamless entrance through heavy glass doors. Our glass experts also provide door closer maintenance service, ensuring the safety of you and your customers.
What is a Door Closer?
A commercial door closer allows customers to enter your building through a heavy glass door easily. The mechanisms give customers the ability to open and pass through the door without physically having to close it, and these closers keep the door from slamming shut after every entrance. A correctly installed door closer works like this:
- It allows for the user to feel initial resistance as they begin to open the door, showing them how heavy the door truly is.
- After the initial resistance, the door smoothly glides open.
- As the customer passes through and lets go, a spring in the door closer forces the mechanism’s arm to close the door gently until it returns to the frame.
There are many different styles of door closers that can be installed either in an existing door or placed along with a new storefront door. Glass Doctor of North Platte has specialists that, when doing your free consultation, will decide the best type of closer for your business.
- Surface-mounted: Fitted to the doorframe, usually most cost-effective.
- Top Jam: Used frequently for glass storefront doors.
- Floor-spring: Concealed and mounted to the floor.
- Regular Arm: Most power efficient, mounted on the exterior of the door.
- Concealed: Fitting into the door or the doorframe and hidden from sight.
- Parallel-Arm: Used frequently in schools, they are resistant to graffiti.
Business owners should consider some of the following questions when deciding what style to go with: How often will the door be used? What is my price range? Are you retrofitting an old door or replacing your current door? It would be best if you also thought about the aesthetic that you are seeking for your space.
Glass Doctor of North Platte service professionals take the utmost care to either install a new storefront door with a closer or add the closer to an existing door. Following the specific installation steps below, our professionals give your business a welcoming entrance that invites customers in.
Below are the steps to install a commercial door closer:
- Identify the right door closer for your door.
- Prepare the door and doorframe for installation.
- Install necessary hardware to both the doorframe and door.
- Connect both pieces of the commercial door closer.
Repair and Maintenance
If your door closer is under warranty, don’t void it by having an untrained worker attempt repair on it. Glass Doctor of North Platte trains its glass professionals in installing, repairing, and maintaining commercial door closers. Our workers are experts in their field and can help with doorframes, glass repairs, hinges, storefront glass, and other hardware throughout your business.
The experts of Glass Doctor frequently repair and replace closers because of these three key reasons:
- Incorrect Types of Door Closers - Heavy glass doors require strong door closers with strong springs to hold the pressure of the door. If your door has the wrong type of closer, it poses a safety risk of misalignment that can damage the door or actual doorframe.
- Seal Repairs and Low Oil Levels - Broken seals in your door closer will expose clearance gaps that leave your hardware vulnerable and may cause lubricant leaks. Oil leaks generally indicate a mechanical problem with the door closer. It is imperative to have a professional replace the oil in a closer; lack of lubrication causes the door to open or close too quickly, posing an injury and security risk.
- Inadequately Installed and Adjusted Closers - Improperly installed door closers lead to the risk of misalignment and make it more difficult to open and close the door. Glass Doctor service professionals are courteous and professional and know the process of installing and maintaining door closer to ensure that:
- Maximize the lifespan of the door closer.
- Prevent abnormal or unexpected movements of the door.
- Have the door remain in good working conditions.
Contact Us Today
If you are ready to install, repair, or replace your commercial door closer schedule an appointment today for a consultation! Our service professionals will help to make the entrance of your business as welcoming and easily accessible as possible. Call us at (308) 532-8505 today to learn more about how a commercial door closer can help your business.
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.