Commercial Door Closer Service
Make sure your business’ first impression starts with a door that works properly. Having a storefront door that is hard to open or closer can signify bad customer service to some of your clients. Glass Doctor® of Mechanicsburg, PA provides commercial door closers repair and maintenance services to ensure that your door is in tip-top shape and that everyone who walks through your entryway is safe.
What is a Commercial Door Closer?
A commercial door closer allows customers to easily enter your store and pass through heavy glass doors without having to physically close them. A properly installed door closer will work as follows:
- Initially the user will feel some resistance as they first open the door, showing how heavy the door actually is.
- After the initial resistance, the door with smoothly glide open, allowing the customer to enter.
- Once the customer lets go of the door, a spring in the door closer will force the mechanisms arm to close the door gently until it returns to its frame.
A variety of businesses use commercial door closers, from schools to hospitals, small businesses, restaurants, apartment buildings and everything in between. By installing a commercial door closer, you are investing in your business and creating a more positive experience for your customers.
Types of Commercial Doors
Many different styles of door closers are available for you to choose from, but before you decide, consider the following: How often will the door be used? What is your price range? Are you retrofitting an old door or installing along with a new door? What aesthetic are you seeking for your space?
Commercial door closers come in different types, specific to the type of door and opening. Top mounted door jambs are widely used, there are three types of top jambs that are widely used:
- Regular arm – the most power efficient, mounted on the exterior of the door.
- Top jamb – these are used frequently for glass storefront doors.
- Parallel arm – used more frequently in schools, this type is less susceptible to vandalism.
Other styles that Glass Doctor of Mechanicsburg, PA provides include:
- Surface Mounted – this type is usually the most cost-effective, it is fitted into the doorframe.
- Concealed – hidden from sight, this closer is usually fitted into either the door or doorframe as well.
- Floor-spring – mounted to the floor, this type is concealed.
Door Closer Installation
Should you choose to install a commercial door closer, Glass Doctor of Mechanicsburg, PA’s technicians will perform the following steps:
- Identify the right type of door closer for your shop
- Prepare the door and doorframe for installation
- Install the necessary hardware to both the door and the doorframe
- Connect all working pieces of the commercial door closer
- Make sure that all pieces are in working order
The specialists at Glass Doctor of Mechanicsburg, PA take the upmost care to either install or maintain your commercial door closers. They are able to install these mechanisms to either already existing doors or along with a new door.
Door Closer Repair
The technicians at Glass Doctor of Mechanicsburg, PA frequently have to replace or repair commercial door closers because of these key problems:
Incorrect Types of Door Closers: Heavy doors require strong door closers with heavy duty springs that can hold the force of the door. If a storefront door has the wrong type of closer, it can pose a safety risk of misalignment that can damage the closer or the actual door.
Improperly Installed or Adjusted Closers: If your door closer is either installed or adjusted incorrectly it runs the risk of misalignment that can make it more difficult to open or closer your doors. The specialists at Glass Doctor bring the right tools to install and maintain to ensure that:
- Your door closer stays in good working conditions
- Abnormal and unexpected movements of your doors are prevented
- Your door’s lifespan is maximized
Seal Repairs and Low Oil Levels: If the seals in your door closer breaks it can expose clearance gaps, leaving hardware vulnerable to lubrication leaks. These oil leaks generally indicate a mechanical problem, such as a missing screw, broken O-ring, or a failed seal. It is imperative to have a professional replace the oil in a door closer, doing it yourself might lead to lack of lubrication or too much, which can cause the doors to open or close too quickly.
Door is Difficult to Lock: If your lock is not working or is difficult to lock it poses a safety risk. It also affects the well-being of the doorframe, locking mechanism and the door closer.
If your door closer is under warranty, having an untrained individual attempt to repair it could lead to your contract being voided. The specialists at Glass Doctor of Mechanicsburg, PA are trained and have the experience needed to install, maintain, repair or replace commercial door closers. Our specialists are experts in their field and are also trained to help with doorframes, glass repairs, hinges, storefront glass and other hardware.
Schedule an appointment online to meet with one of our specialists and take the first step towards creating a smoother entrance for your customers.