When redecorating a home, it is a challenge to imagine what certain elements can do to bring light and interest to your surroundings. Even a simple custom mirror will breathe new life into a home. Mirrors hung over fireplaces or placed in frames transform the mood of a room. The experts at Glass Doctor® of Louisville offer area homeowners a stunning selection of custom-designed mirrors that will enhance any interior decor. We proudly provide our clients with years of expertise in choosing or designing beautiful mirrors.
Create Depth and the Illusion of Space
Mirrors reflect light into a space to brighten and enliven a room’s dominant hue. Using multiple mirrors in varying sizes allows these unique pieces to create depth and brightness throughout your home. The true beauty of mirrors is they can be also utilized to create the illusion of space in hallways and small rooms. Here are a few ideas for decorating your home with custom mirrors:
- Small rooms: Installing a custom mirror on opposite walls creates a space-enlarging reflection.
- Fireplace: Add more emphasis to a fireplace by hanging a beautiful custom mirror above the mantel.
- Patio: Fill in the blanks on patio walls with a grouping of decorative mirrors custom-framed to match furniture.
- Kitchen: Mirrored cabinet doors or a large, antique framed mirror brighten even the smallest kitchen.
Accentuate Your Home Decor and Art
Mirrors are more than a functional piece; they are often used as home design elements by interior designers. The glass experts at Glass Doctor of Louisville will be happy to work with you to design spectacular, eye-catching mirrors in any size, shape or finish. Here are a few ways to decorate with mirrors:
- Mirrored shelves: Turn an eclectic room into a showcase using custom-cut and tinted mirrored shelves to display treasured collectibles.
- Hanging mirrors: Create a stunning focal point with a large, Venetian-style mirror with a beveled-edge mirrored frame.
- Framed mirrors: Ornate or modern framed mirrors set the stage for interior decor from Victorian to minimalist. Consider flanking a special piece of wall are with eye-catching framed mirrors.
Enhance Your Home's Natural Light
Unlike other decorative glass items, mirrors don’t absorb light, so strategically placed pieces bring more light into your home's interior. Consider one of these tricks used by professional decorators:
- A cluster of three frameless mirrors on a narrow shelf looks charming in a bathroom.
- Bronze- or copper-backed, beveled-edge mirror tiles laid in a brick pattern adds a bright twist to a traditional kitchen backsplash.
- Create a surreal interior wall by hanging multiple oversize industrial convex mirrors in a row behind a sofa or above a fireplace.
- Line two adjacent walls with mirrors to really bounce the light around a low-light dining room.
Mirrors Made to Impress
While halls and entryways are excellent locations for tall mirrors, placing large mirrors between two windows tricks the eye into seeing another window while maximizing natural light. Whether leaning a tall mirror against a wall or having an over-sized, floor-to-ceiling mirror professionally mounted, the custom mirror specialists at Glass Doctor of Louisville always provide skilled assistance in choosing the perfect size and style of your statement pieces, followed by our always expert installation.