Windshield Repair and Replacement
Every car owner will experience a chipped, cracked or smashed windshield. If you are in need of windshield repair, it is important to get the best in the business. Glass Doctor® of Louisville understands your needs and provides the utmost care in windshield repair, replacement, renovation and installation. We are committed to ensuring you get the best care for your windshield repair.
To help you decide whether to repair or replace your windshield, Glass Doctor of Louisville takes into consideration the size, location and the age of the chip, crack or smash.
- Size: Though there are a few exceptions, chips larger than one inch and cracks more than three inches long generally require windshield replacement.
- Location: Cracks that have splintered to the edge of the windshield typically require replacement due to their tendency to spread. Chips or cracks directly in your line of vision require replacement as well, as a repair often does not cure clearly, leaving a slight outline in the repair area.
- Timespan: The longer you leave chips and cracks unaddressed, the more likely dirt will build up making it difficult to perform a successful repair, and requiring a replacement.
Your safety is the main priority, but we ensure repairs are affordable too. Glass Doctor of Louisville accepts most major insurances, which often results in a free windshield repair.
Don’t let a crack in your windshield threaten the safety of your family. Contact Glass Doctor today. Our auto glass specialists have the skills and experience necessary to determine your windshield replacement and repair needs.
Repairing your windshield is less costly than replacing the entire windshield. Repairs will eliminate cracks and chips from spreading. Below are some reasons Glass Doctor of Louisville suggests you repair your cracked windshield instead of replacing it.
- Economical: Windshield repair is more cost effective than replacement.
- Convenient: Call our team to your location for repair service, which is usually complete in about 60 minutes.
- Insurance Advantage: Because windshield crack repair is less expensive than a replacement, insurance companies are more likely to pay for repairs and waive the deductible.
For your safety, windshield replacement may be necessary. As reported by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), a windshield provides up to 60% of the structural support in a rollover accident, which is a significant amount, however, the percentage can be different depending on the make and model of the vehicle. Here are a series of steps Glass Doctor of Louisville will perform to assure your windshield is replaced properly.
- Careful windshield removal to avoid damaging paint and bonded areas, which can cause leakage and corrosion.
- Installing a quality windshield, which matches the original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
- Use adhesive approved only by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) when replacing your windshield.
- Ensuring the recommended AGSC guidelines are followed by allowing one hour for the adhesive to dry before you drive it home.
- We stand by our Windshield Protection Plan, which stipulates, if damage occurs within 12 months to your new windshield, Glass Doctor of Louisville will repair chips and cracks at no expense to you. We will also replace broken windshields that can’t be repaired for free.
No matter the windshield care you require, our team will supply the greatest service. Glass Doctor of Louisville also repairs and replaces windows for your home and business. Call Glass Doctor of Louisville for your windshield crack repair. A trained specialist will be glad to assist you.