Auto Windshield Repair and Replacement
Flying debris or a misaimed baseball can make you see dollar signs through the crack in your vehicle’s windshield. Glass Doctor® of Longwood, FL will walk you through a clear path to windshield chip repair or replacement. Our experts will help you assess the best option to maintain the structural integrity of your vehicle and your wallet.
Windshield Service Criteria
A few of the factors we look at to determine the best way to bring back your clear view are:
- Size: Smaller is better. If the damage to your windshield is a chip less than the size of a quarter or a crack under three inches, most of the time, we’ll be able to perform windshield chip repair to fix the problem and get you back on the road. If the damage is larger, a replacement windshield may be unavoidable.
- Location: If the crack or chip is at the edge of the windshield, it can compromise the safety of the vehicle, and while the repair process leaves the glass clear, sometimes there is a slight outline that can distract drivers. So if the damage is within the driver’s line of sight, a replacement may be needed.
- Timespan: A windshield chip repair is much more effective if a repair is made soon after damage occurs. Dirt gets into cracks and chips, which makes effective repair more difficult, leaving more of a distortion in the glass. If you have a chip or crack, don’t wait.
Whenever possible, Glass Doctor of Longwood, FL recommends repair over replacement to stop chips and cracks from causing further damage.
- Convenience: Our service professionals are trained and have the skills to complete repairs and replacements in a timely manner to get you back on the road quickly.
- Inexpensive: Windshield chip repair takes less time and material than replacement, saving you money.
- Insurance Advantage: Some insurance companies will waive the deductible for repair because it saves money overall. At Glass Doctor of Longwood, FL we take care of the insurance by contacting your agent and completing the filing.
To repair your windshield, our service professionals will start by cleaning out the damaged area, then attaching a tool to the surface of your windshield, which injects a special repair resin into the chip or crack. After the resin is fully dry, our service professional polishes it until it is clear. This process not only repairs damage to your windshield but also may help with the integrity of your windshield.
If the damage is too extensive for windshield chip repair, it is essential you get the windshield replaced quickly. The windshield is an integral part of the safety structure of your vehicle, up to 45%, in case of a rollover accident. Glass Doctor of Longwood, FL has experts who will take all the necessary steps to get you safely on the road again.
Our Windshield Replacement Process
- Careful removal of the windshield assures no damage to the paint job or bonding surfaces.
- We are sure to select a windshield that meets the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS) to ensure a quality product.
- Adhesives may be as important as the glass itself. We use adhesives approved by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC).
- We satisfy the AGSC guidelines for every windshield replacement, from windshield glass to installation techniques.
The final step of our windshield replacement is to discuss the Glass Doctor Windshield Protection Plan® with you. If you suffer road hazard damage within 12 months, we’ll either repair chips and cracks or replace the glass if repair isn’t a safe option, and the windshield is no cost to you.