Windshield Repair and Replacement
Glass Doctor of Bullhead City, AZ can repair most chipped windshields. Cracks longer than three inches generally require an immediate need for windshield replacement to retain your vehicle's structural integrity and the safety of its occupants.
How to Repair Your Windshield
- Determine if the windshield can be repaired using these indicators:
a. Size: Though there are a few exceptions, chips larger than 3/8-inch, chips that can’t be covered by a half dollar, or cracks more than three inches long generally require windshield replacement.
b. Location: Is the chip located within the critical vision area? Chips or cracks that are located in your line of vision or spread to the edge of the windshield require replacement. The city of Bullhead City, AZ deems this to be an unsafe vehicle against Arizona laws and can be ticketed. It’s important to note that some completed repairs often are not invisible, and in some cases, a slight outline of the repair area may remain visible.
c. Time: The longer you leave chips and cracks unaddressed, the more likely dirt will build up making it difficult to perform a successful repair, resulting in windshield replacement being necessary.
d. ADAS: If you have Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and the chip is located in front of a camera or sensor, the windshield must be replaced, and the ADAS camera must be calibrated.
- If your windshield can be repaired, remove dirt and debris from the damaged windshield.
- Ensure the windshield is dry and enlist a professional to perform the chip repair. Refrain from completing the repair in extreme temperatures.
- To repair your windshield, a special chemically-based resin designed to bond to the PVB (polyvinyl butyral) layer of the windshield is injected into the damaged area using a stone chip repair system attached to the surface of the glass.
- After injection, the resin is cured using a special UV light within a predetermined range of light.
- Excess resin is removed in a manner that prevents further damage.
- Your windshield is then polished to a clear finish.
Glass Doctor recommends windshield repair over replacement due to the following factors:
- Convenience: Glass Doctor of Bullhead City, AZ service professionals typically complete windshield repairs within an hour.
- Price: Windshield repair is far less expensive than replacing the whole windshield.
- Insurance Advantages: Because windshield repair is less expensive, many Bullhead City, AZ insurance companies will waive your deductible and pay for the repair and sometimes event replacement. It is best to check your Arizona insurance policy or call your agent.
- Environmental Responsibility: Repairing your windshield keeps your old glass out of a landfill, where it would stay forever.
In the event of a serious chip or crack, timely windshield replacement is essential to your safety. According to the Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC), a windshield provides up to 80 percent of the structural integrity in a rollover accident depending on the car's make and model.
How to Replace Your Windshield
- To avoid damage to the paint and bonding surface, a professional will carefully remove your windshield. This will prevent leaks and corrosion.
- A windshield that meets the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standard (AGRSS) is selected for installation.
- The new windshield is installed following procedures recommended by the AGSC. The recommended one-hour, drive-away time for passenger safety is observed, allowing the adhesive to cure for safe drive-away time.
- Upon completion of a job, a Glass Doctor technician will review the Windshield Protection Plan, which states if your new windshield is damaged within 12 months, we will repair chips and cracks free of charge. If the windshield is broken beyond repair within 12 months from installation, Glass Doctor will replace the glass for free.
The Glass Doctor of Bullhead City, AZ Difference
- Bonded and Insured
- Thorough Cleanup
- Certified Experts
- Workmanship Guaranteed
- Upfront, Flat Rate Pricing
- Courteous, Uniformed Professionals
- Scheduled Appointment Times
- 24/7 Emergency Service
Glass Doctor works with all major insurance carriers, handling the insurance filing for you. It is advisable to contact your local insurance agent to verify coverage before having your windshield repaired or replaced.
Don’t let a crack in your windshield threaten the safety of your family. Contact Glass Doctor of Bullhead City, AZ today! Our auto glass experts have the skills and experience necessary to determine your windshield replacement and repair needs.