Summer Road Trip Emergency Kit
’Tis better to be safe than sorry, the old adage goes. With the use of cell phones and GPS we often have a false sense of safety and security when we hit the road. It’s easy to believe that’s all you need before you embark on a summer road trip.
Even with roadside assistance services, there’s a very good possibility you could be stranded for several hours while waiting for help in the event of an emergency. And what if there’s no air-conditioned McDonalds or Taco Bell around? Then what? You’re stuck…in the heat waiting for help to come to the rescue.
We all know the importance of having a winter emergency kits in our cars with warm clothes, kitty litter and blankets. But how many of us actually have summer emergency kits in our car? There’s no better time than right now to put together a summer road trip emergency kit for your car.
You Glass Doctor specialists have come up with a list of what we feel are essentials for your summer road trip emergency kit:
• Plastic bags - for garbage or sickness
• Wet Wipes - both baby and disinfectant wipes
• Toilet Paper
• Lip Balm
• Extra Cash
• Umbrella or rain poncho - summer storms
• Sunscreen (that contains bug repellant)
• Water: one gallon bottle plus at least one individual bottle for every person in the car
• Snacks: include snacks that won’t melt in a hot car (energy/granola bars, nuts and dried fruit)
• Year-round supplies: spare tire, road flares, first aid kit, flashlight
We would love to hear from you on what you pack in your summer emergency kit. Post a picture on our Facebook page so we can all be better prepared.
Call the Glass Doctor…we fix your panes.