Commercial Door Closer Service
You want your storefront to be a positive impression of your business. For many, it is the first thing that they see about your business. Don’t have your storefront door be difficult to open. By installing a commercial door closer you are helping to create a more welcoming, and safer entrance to the building. Glass Doctor of Belleville, IL specialists provides commercial door closer service and maintenance that will give a more positive first experience to your business.
How Does a Door Closer Work?
A commercial door closer gives customers the ability to easily open a pass through a heavy storefront door without having to physically close the door. When properly installed, this door closer:
- Initially gives the user some resistance as the door starts opening, to show how heavy the door actually is
- After the initial pull-back from the door, it will smoothly and easily glide open.
- After the customer walks into the store, letting go of the door, a spring in the door closer will force the mechanism’s arm to slowly glide the door back into the doorframe.
Types of Door Closers
Commercial door closers are used in a variety of businesses, from schools to hospitals, small businesses, restaurants and everything in between. They can be installed on new or existing doors to any business.
Glass Doctor of Belleville, IL provides several types and styles of commercial door closers to business owners. Top-mounted jambs are most frequently used, but Glass Doctor also provides other styles as well.
- Top Jam: the most frequently used for glass storefront doors.
- Regular Arm: found mounted on the exterior of the door, this is the most power efficient.
- Parallel Arm: less susceptible to vandalism, this type is attractive and used regularly in schools.
- Floor-Spring: concealed, this type is mounted to the floor.
- Surface-Mounted: fitted within the doorframe, this is usually the most cost-effective.
- Concealed: hidden from sight, this is fitted into the door or doorframe.
If you choose to install a commercial door closer to your business door, Glass Doctor of Belleville, IL will send one of our glass technicians to perform the following:
- Identify the correct door closer for your business.
- Clean and prepare the door and doorframe of your business for installation.
- Install the necessary hardware to the two locations.
- Connect the mechanical pieces of door closer.
- Check to make sure that all pieces are in working order.
All of these steps allow for a customer to smoothly enter your business and not let your door slam shut.
Repair and Maintenance
If a door closer is under warranty, don’t accidentally void the contract by having an untrained worker attempt to repair it. The professional and courteous workers at Glass Doctor of Belleville, IL are experts in their field and have extensive training in installing, maintaining, repairing and replacing commercial door closers along with custom glass, storefronts, doorframes, hinges and other hardware.
Glass Doctor of Belleville, IL’s technicians commonly have to repair and replace door closers because of three key reasons:
1. Wrong Type of Door Closer Installed - If your storefront door is a heavy door, then it will require a strong door closer with strong springs that can hold the force and weight of the door. If the wrong door closer is installed it can pose the risk of misalignment that can damage the closer or the actual door, as well as running a safety risk.
2. Improperly Installed or Adjusted Door Closer - If your door closer is incorrectly installed it can misalign the elements of the mechanism and make it more difficult to open or close the door. The specialists at Glass Doctor install and maintain commercial door closers ensuring that:
- The lifespan of your door closer is elongated, with more time in between maintenance.
- Abnormal or unexpected movements of your door are prevented.
- Your door remains in good working conditions by having less stress put upon it by jerking motions of opening and closing.
3. Low Oil Levels and Broken Seals - Oil leaks generally indicate a mechanical problem within the door closer, such as a broken O-ring, a missing screw, or a failed seal. Having a broken seal leaves hardware vulnerable and may cause lubrication leaks. It is imperative to have a professional replace the oil in your door closer because lack of oil can cause the door to open or close too quickly, posing a safety risk.
Glass Doctor of Belleville, IL provides premium care and installation to all commercial door closer products and works with you to decide the perfect style, type, and location for your door closer. Schedule an appointment or call us today at (618) 236-0707 for a consultation!
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.