Windshield Repair and Replacement
Visual clarity is a key component of safe driving. When a chip or crack disrupts your field of vision, allow the Glass Doctor® of Austin specialists to repair your windshield quickly. Our team’s mobile unit is able to provide on-site estimates and repairs at your home or office, making your life easier. If the damage is too extensive for a mobile repair, we will set up a windshield replacement at our centrally located shop in Austin.
Determining whether to remove or replace a windshield boils down to three factors, size, location and time span.
- Size: Chips larger than a nickel and cracks longer than a dollar bill generally require a windshield replacement.
- Location: Cracks near the edge of a windshield or directly in the driver’s line of vision often require replacement.
- Time Span: If you allow dirt to build up in cracks and chips, it is difficult to successfully repair.
Glass Doctor of Austin works with all major insurance carriers, handling the insurance filing for you. It is advisable to contact your local agent to verify coverage before having your windshield repaired or replaced.
Don’t let a damaged windshield threaten the safety of your family. Contact Glass Doctor of Austin today!
Our first solution to any windshield damage is to check if a repair is possible. Performing a repair, rather than a replacement, has a variety of benefits:
- Convenience: A typical windshield repair takes less than an hour.
- Inexpensive: A windshield saves customers money in both product cost and labor wages.
- Insurance Advantages: Our specialists file the appropriate insurance documents, often getting your insurance to waive deductible thresholds and pay for the repair work.
- Safety: Glass Doctor of Austin's repairs will restore your vehicle, keeping the original factory equipment intact.
Glass Doctor of Austin follows a standardized process to ensure every replacement meets our quality standard.
- Our specialists carefully remove the windshield to avoid damage to the bonding surface. If a bonding surface is damaged it can cause leaks and corrosion.
- A windshield matching OEM (original equipment manufactured) quality is selected for installation.
- We apply AGSC (Auto Glass Safety Council™) approved adhesive to secure the new windshield. Allowing the seal to solidify takes a bulk of the time, every Glass Doctor observes the AGSC’s recommended one-hour waiting period for driver safety.
- During your waiting period, we review our Windshield Protection Plan with you. The guarantee protects your windshield from road hazards for 12 months. If your replacement windshield is cracked, chipped or broken during this period, return to Glass Doctor of Austin for a free repair or additional replacement.
Every Austin glass specialist is trained to follow Glass Doctor’s repair guidelines to ensure quality work. Attempting your own repair is an ill-advised pursuit. Learn about the risks of attempting DIY windshield repair from Mike Shanahan, owner of Glass Doctor of Austin.