Shower Doors & Tub Enclosures
An alternative to a full remodel, a new frameless shower door or tub enclosure can refresh the look of your bathroom while expressing your personal style. Turn your shower enclosure into a focal point by creating a custom design-elaborate, simple but elegant, or anything in between. At Glass Doctor® of Snohomish & Skagit Counties in Arlington, WA we will help you with the entire process from planning to installation and maintenance.
Factors We Consider When Designing Shower Doors
Before you even start thinking about design, one of our specialists needs to come to your home for your free consultation. We will inspect your bathroom to check the following:
- The material of your walls: We need to know if you walls are made of drywall or tile. Along with the location of the supporting studs, this will affect whether you are able to choose from a range of heavy glass designs or just standard glass patterns.
- Ventilation: It is important for us to know what your bathroom offers in terms of ventilation to ensure that we design a shower enclosure that will not result in a buildup of moisture, which can lead to peeling paint and mold growth, particularly if your ceiling is made from Sheetrock®.
- Size: Finally, we need to know the exact dimensions of your bathroom and the space available for your shower door to consider possibilities for your design. This will also help us determine costs from the very beginning of the planning process to ensure that you do not exceed your budget.
Once our specialists from Glass Doctor of Snohomish & Skagit Counties in Arlington, WA have calculated the basics, it is time for you to decide on the features you want for your new shower door or tub enclosure. You can check our website for inspiration, but you should consider these features:
- Glass pattern, color, and thickness.
- Finish color: For framed shower doors, you need to choose a finish color that complements the fixtures in your bathroom.
- Shower head: We will help you find a shower head that you like and that will keep the water within the enclosure when the door is open.
- Hardware: Choose handles and hinges for your tub enclosure as well as drawer knobs, towel racks, and faucets to instantly update your bathroom to match your new shower door.
Once you have accepted our upfront quote, we will order the materials and schedule an installation date. The installation process typically takes just one day, and we will leave your bathroom sparkling clean.
We receive our glass from some of the best manufacturers in the country, like Cardinal and Agalite. Combined with a top-quality installation, our shower doors last for many years. However, you can keep your tub enclosure looking brand new for even longer when you use Clear Choice™ protectant on the glass to create a barrier that lasts up to five years against hard water, mineral deposits and pollutants.
You can use Clear Choice on all tile, porcelain and glass surfaces around your bathroom, such as countertops, sinks, toilets, and windows, to prevent staining, scratches, and the need to scrub with harsh cleaners.
When you are ready to start designing a shower door or tub enclosure for your bathroom, contact us at Glass Doctor of Snohomish & Skagit Counties in Arlington, WA. Schedule an appointment to receive a free in-home consultation, and we will have installed your new shower door before you know it.