Windshield Repair and Replacement
A chipped or cracked windshield shouldn't be ignored. Glass Doctor® of Tampa Bay will repair or replace your damaged windshield in about an hour. Your windshield is crucial to the structure of your vehicle and when damaged is a safety hazard. Whether our car glass specialists repair or replace your windshield depends on several factors including:
- Size: Generally a chip larger than 3/8 inch or a crack longer than 3 inches requires windshield replacement.
- Location: Cracks that splinter the edge of the windshield require replacement since they are prone to spread. Chips or cracks directly in your line of vision also require windshield replacement, as repair often does not cure clearly.
- Time span: The longer you leave the damage unaddressed the more likely dirt will build up and make it difficult to perform a repair, so windshield replacement may be necessary.
At Glass Doctor of Tampa Bay we work with all of the major insurance carriers and will handle the claim process for you. Most auto policies cover repair, but if you're not sure of your coverage, contact your agent.
Glass Doctor of Tampa Bay recommends repair over replacement whenever possible. Repair is in inexpensive alternative to windshield replacement and can stop small chips and cracks from spreading. Repair also offers:
- Convenience: Our experts can repair your windshield in about an hour.
- Cost savings: Windshield repair is more economical than replacement.
- Insurance advantages: Because of the savings auto glass repair offers, many insurance carriers will waive your deductible and pay for the repair.
- Environmentally sound: Repair keeps your windshield out of the landfill.
When we repair your windshield, we first remove any debris from the impacted area and sometimes use a drill to create a clean channel for the repair resin. The resin is then injected into the damaged area using a special tool. After the resin is applied, it’s cured and polished to a clear finish.
Timely windshield replacement is essential for your safety. Your windshield accounts for up to 60% of your vehicle’s cabin support in a rollover accident depending on the make and model. Our experts take a series of steps to insure the proper replacement of your windshield to restore the durability of your vehicle.
First, we carefully remove your windshield to avoid damaging the paint and bonding surface, which when damaged can result in leaks and corrosion to your car. Next, a windshield matching the Original Equipment Equivalent's (OEE) specifications and quality is prepared for installation. Only Auto Glass Safety Council™ approved adhesives are used and we then replace your windshield following the industry's best practices and procedures. After waiting the recommended one-hour drive away time to allow the adhesive to cure, you’re on your way safe and secure!
All of our replacements include our Windshield Protection Plan, free of charge! We guarantee that if your windshield is damaged at any time within 12 months of your replacement we’ll repair chips and cracks for free. If the windshield is broken beyond repair, Glass Doctor of Tampa Bay will replace the glass free of charge.
Give one of our team members a call and set up an appointment today. We’ll repair or replace your windshield and have you back on the road safely in about an hour. Don’t allow procrastination to put you and your passengers at risk. Our experts have the skill and experience to determine your repair or replacement needs without breaking your budget.