Commercial Door Closer Service
Commercial door closers are a great way to gain a positive first impression with your customers. If your storefront door is difficult to open, or too heavy for customers to easily enter and exit through then it could leave a bad taste in their mouth regarding your business. Glass Doctor of Syracuse, NY provides commercial door closers to businesses, performing installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance today!
What is a Commercial Door Closer?
A commercial door closer is a mechanism used to help customers open heavy storefront doors and pass through without having to physically close the door behind them. A properly installed commercial door closer will allow customers to initially feel some resistance as they start to open the storefront door, showing how heavy the door is. After this initial resistance the door will easily glide open and when the customer lets go of the door a spring in the mechanism will gently close the door until it returns to its doorframe.
All of these steps allow for a customer to smoothly enter your business and not let the storefront door slam shut behind your customers. These door closers can be installed on a variety of new and existing doors; from schools to businesses, hospitals, and everything in between.
Installing a Commercial Door-Closer
Glass Doctor of Syracuse, NY performs the following steps in order to install your commercial door closer to your storefront door:
- Identify the right type of door closer for your door.
- Prepare the door and the doorframe for installation.
- Install the necessary hardware to your doorframe and door.
- Connect the pieces of the door closer together.
- Check all of the pieces of the mechanism to make sure that everything is working correctly.
Styles of Commercial Door Closers
Glass Doctor of Syracuse, NY offers our customers many different types of door closers. Picking a style can be tricky, a door closer can reflect the style of your business or draw the eyes of customers to it. Consider these questions before you decide on a style: What aesthetic is your business? Is the door closer being attached to a new door or being installed onto an existing door? What is your budget?
Styles range from top-attaching door closers to hidden door closers. Glass Doctor provides the following styles:
- Top Jam: is used frequently on glass storefront doors.
- Parallel Arm: because of their inability to be vandalized, they are used in schools.
- Regular Arm: is the most power efficient and mounted on the exterior of the door.
- Floor-Spring: this type is concealed and mounted to the floor.
- Concealed: fitted into the door or the doorframe, this closer is hidden from sight.
- Surface-Mounted: usually the most cost-effective, this is fitted to the doorframe.
Repair and Maintenance
Glass Doctor of Syracuse, NY’s technicians frequently repair and replace door closers because of three key problems:
- Incorrect Types of Door Closers - Heavy storefront doors require strong door closers with strong springs. These springs hold the force and weight of the door as it slowly closes. If the door has the wrong type of closer, it poses the safety risk of misalignment that can damage the closer or the actual door.
- Seal Repairs and Low Oil Levels - Broken seals expose clearance gaps, leaving hardware vulnerable to lubricant leaks. These oil leaks generally indicate a mechanical problem with the door closer, such as a broken O-ring, a missing screw, or a failed seal. It is imperative that a professional replaces the oil in a door closer; lack of lubrications causes the door to open or close too quickly and leads to safety risks.
- Incorrectly Installed and Adjusted Door Closers - Improperly installed door closers lead to the risk of misalignment and make it more difficult to open and close the storefront door. Glass Doctor specialists bring the right tools to install and adjust your commercial door closers to ensure that:
- Doors remain in good working conditions.
- The lifespan of your door closer is maximized.
- Abnormal or unexpected movements of the door are prevented.
If your door closer is under warranty, don’t void the contract by having an untrained worker attempt repair on it. The professional and courteous technicians of Glass Doctor of Syracuse, NY are experts in their field and have extensive training in installing, repairing, replacing, and maintaining commercial door closers.
Schedule an appointment for a free consultation regarding your commercial door closer or call us today at (315) 433-2339 today! Our specialists are trained in helping with doorframes, glass repairs, hinges, storefront glass, and other hardware.