Shower Door and Bathtub Surround Options & Accessories
There are few additions that will transform a bathroom more than the installation of beautiful glass shower doors or tub enclosures. The glass attracts the eye as well as ambient light and makes even the smallest bathrooms seem lavish. For maximum safety and beauty, only experts should install glass shower enclosures. Glass Doctor® of Syracuse, NY has a team of well-trained specialists ready to assist in your bathroom renovation.
We offer more than just glass installation specialists; our team will help you through every step of the process. Glass Doctor of Syracuse, NY provides everything from addressing budgetary concerns to design advice, maintenance tips to repairs. Before you begin envisioning your new glass shower doors, our professionals suggest you consider the following variables, which may determine the type and design of shower enclosure that best fits your bathroom.
- Existing Materials.Knowing the type of materials your bathroom's walls are made of will determine how much weight they are capable of supporting, as will the location and condition of the studs behind the walls. Glass doors are much heavier than their Plexiglas or plastic counterparts. Determining whether your walls are strong enough to support glass shower doors will save you disappointment or extra expenditures later.
- Accurate Measurements.Accurate measurements are crucial; during our in-home consultation we will measure the space to help determine your shower enclosure options. After we have measured and discussed your plans we will present an accurate estimate of cost and time required.
- Shower Heads.Only certain types of shower heads should be used in glass-enclosed showers to avoid the risk of water striking the glass with too much force. It is also important that the shower head be angled in such a way that water does not leave the enclosure, even when the door is open.
- Ventilation.While any bathroom with a shower needs proper ventilation to prevent damage to the walls and ceiling from excessive condensation, those with glass enclosed tubs or showers may need more. Glass Doctor of Syracuse, NY offers ventilation checks designed to ensure that your paint won't peel and mold will not grow in your washroom.
Where to Begin
If you find an elegant glass shower addition enticing, Glass Doctor of Syracuse, NY is ready to help. We have a knowledgeable staff ready to walk you through the steps and a host of research to help you get ideas and make informed decisions.
- Shower Door Gallery
- Shower Door Accessories
- Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
- IInstallation and Repair
- Clear Choice™ Protectant
If you are considering remodeling your bathroom and would like a glass shower door or a glass tub enclosure to be part of your new design, contact us today! A glass expert will discuss your options and set up a consultation with you to go through every step in detail.