Windshield Repair and Replacement
If your windshield has been damaged our glass specialists at Glass Doctor® of St. Joseph, MI are here to help. We are experts at repairing chipped windshields and replacing those that are more damaged. Glass Doctor of St. Joseph, MI strives to provide our customers with peace of mind windshield repair and replacement services.
Windshield Repair in St. Joseph
Windshield repair is best performed immediately after damage has surfaced, the longer you put it off the harder repair becomes due to dirt and debris accumulating in the damaged area. Windshield repair also offers other benefits to our customers.
- Repairing a windshield is less expensive than replacing one.
- Windshield repair is a quick process that usually takes about an hour in a location that is convenient for you.
- Often your insurance company will waive the deductible because of the reduced cost of windshield repair.
- Windshield repair is a simple process that involves removing dirt and debris from the chipped area. A special resin is then injected into the affected area and allowed to cure. Afterward, the area is polished and your windshield shows minimal to no sign of being tampered with.
Windshield Replacement in St. Joseph
Replacing a damaged windshield should be done as soon as possible for the safety of the driver and passengers of the vehicle. Our team always follows the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards® (AGRSS) procedures for windshield replacement, which includes the following.
- The windshield is removed with great care to avoid damaging the car's paint and bonding surface.
- A windshield is chosen the matches the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality glass.
- Only Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) approved adhesives are used during the replacement process.
- After the windshield has been replaced it is allowed to cure for an hour. This ensures that the windshield bonds well to the vehicle before it is driven.
Glass Doctor of St. Joseph, MI stands behind its work with our G12 Windshield Guarantee. If the new windshield is damaged under normal use within a year of its replacement, it will be replaced at no charge to you. Exclusions apply.
Visit Glass Doctor of St. Joseph, MI today or schedule an appointment with our auto glass specialists!