Hydrophobic Coating Services
Hydrophobic coating is a clear, invisible barrier applied to your bathroom’s surfaces, for the purpose of making clean-up easier. With a hydrophobic coating, spills are repelled, aiding in the fight against staining. Learn how you can protect your investment with a hydrophobic coating from your local Glass Doctor®.
Learn more about hydrophobic coating services in your area. Request an estimate online to get started.
Hydrophobic Coating Applications
A hydrophobic coating is an invisible coating that repels water and oil, allowing for easier clean-up and reduced staining. The less water and oils stick to the surface, the less they can deposit hard water stains, soap scum, and other waste products on to bathroom surfaces.
Our service is ideal for glass and non-glass surfaces alike. In addition to glass shower doors and tub enclosures, hydrophobic coatings may be applied to hard, non-porous surfaces including:
The Application Process
The application process is simple. Depending on your space, our team will:
- Inspect the area and plan for application.
- The surface is cleaned thoroughly. There can be no dust, dirt, or particles on the surfaces prior to coating.
- Carefully mask off surfaces that will not be coated.
- Spray or wipe on the protective barrier.
- Provide instructions for allowing the surface to cure.
Recommendations will vary based on application site and usage, but most materials should have a repeat coating applied every 3-5 years or when you feel the performance has diminished.
The Value of Hydrophobic Coatings
Repeat cleaning and staining can cause lasting damage to the hard surfaces in your bathroom. Applying a protective hydrophobic coating to your bathroom surfaces makes these surfaces scratch, stain, and water-resistant.
Hydrophobics coatings protect surfaces against:
- Hard water
- Mineral deposits
- Environmental pollutants
Property owners who choose hydrophobic coating services from their local Glass Doctor report:
- Less frequent cleaning
- A reduction in mold and bacteria
- Stain and scratch resistance
- Hard water etching prevention
- Glossier surfaces
Find Hydrophobic Glass Coating Services Near Me
Hydrophobic coatings reduce cleaning time, protect surfaces against wear and tear, and increase the value of your home. We offer hydrophobic coatings to property owners throughout the United States and Canada. Our technicians are highly skilled, and all our work is backed by the Neighborly Done Right Promise®.
Call (833) 974-0209 or request an estimate online to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is hydrophobic coating made of?
Coatings are commonly silica-based. Silica-based products are among the safest and most economical coatings on the market.
How does hydrophobic coating work?
Hydrophobic coatings repel liquids from the surface of a given material by weakening the bond between a liquid and the surface of the material. This promotes beading and helps to slow streaking and staining.
Where else can hydrophobic coatings be applied?
Hydrophobic coatings are used on many everyday items including glasses and windshields. Any time you see water that beads up on the surface of a material, you can trust that it’s either naturally water repellent or that it has been coated with a hydrophobic material. They vary in composition based on industry and material type.
How long do hydrophobic coatings last?
Hydrophobic coatings last for up to five years. Depending on the wear and tear on a given surface, we recommend reapplication every 3-5 years.
- A clogged bathroom drain can cause havoc on a busy morning. Trust Mr. Rooter® Plumbing to make bathroom clogs a thing of the past.
- From bathrooms to bedrooms, Molly Maid® offers occasional and regular cleaning services that will save you time and leave your house feeling fresh
- Discovered water damage? The presence of staining or mold is a key indicator of a bigger problem. Choose Rainbow International® to assist you in remediating water damage and restoring your home.