Windshield Repair and Replacement
Drivers encounter constant threats to their windshield, whether it’s a road project on the interstate or driving a dirt road, the odds of experiencing windshield damage are quite high. While some damage is minimal and can easily be repaired by your Glass Doctor® of Brighton, MI, specialists, other types of damage will require windshield replacement.
When that flying rock hits your windshield, the sound is unmistakable. Looking around and seeing a small chip, you might think it can be ignored. Both insurance companies and glass experts, however, say ignoring even a small chip is not the best solution. To prevent that small chip or crack from expanding, consult with a Glass Doctor of Brighton specialist.
Not All Windshield Chips or Cracks Are Repairable
- Size: Larger cracks, especially cracks more than three inches long should not be repaired. The integrity of the glass is too compromised to take a chance repairing the glass. In addition, any cracks at the edge of the glass cannot be safely repaired.
- Location: Damage that is in the driver’s line of sight is also not repairable, as even slight imperfections interfere with visibility. The windshield crack repair experts quickly identify damage that isn’t repairable and work with drivers to replace the window as soon as possible.
- Timespan: Each chip or crack should be evaluated by Glass Doctor of Brighton, MI experts as soon as possible to determine if the damage is repairable. Because dirt will become embedded in a chip or crack over time, repairs made later may not be as invisible as those made immediately after an incident.
Glass Doctor works with all major insurance carriers, handling the insurance filing for you. It is advisable to contact your local agent to verify coverage before having your windshield repaired or replaced.
Don’t let a crack in your windshield threaten the safety of your family. Contact Glass Doctor today. Our auto glass specialists have the skills and experience necessary to determine your windshield replacement and repair needs.
Windshield repair is an inexpensive alternative to windshield replacement that can stop chips and cracks from spreading.
Glass Doctor recommends repair over replacement because:
- Convenience: Glass Doctor of Brighton, MI specialists typically perform windshield repairs within an hour.
- Inexpensive: Windshield repair is far more economical than replacing the whole windshield.
- Insurance Advantages: Often, insurance providers cover all costs of windshield repair, so the service is virtually free to the auto owner.
- Environmentally Responsible: Repairing your windshield keeps your old glass out of a landfill, where it will stay forever.
To properly repair your windshield, Glass Doctor specialists remove debris from the impacted area, sometimes using a drill to create a clean passageway for the repair resin. A special resin is then injected into the damaged area using a tool that attaches to the surface of the glass. After injection, the resin is cured and polished to a clear finish.
Any windshield replacement requires the use of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) glass, and the pane must be carefully installed to prevent damage to the surrounding surfaces or the seal. When the Glass Doctor of Brighton, MI experts install glass, it’s done properly. Our clients do not need to worry about leaks or rusting because an installer was careless. The following steps are typicall in our windshield replacment process...
- The windshield is carefully removed to avoid damage to the paint and bonding surface, which can cause leaks and corrosion.
- A windshield matching the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) quality is selected for installation.
- Only Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) approved adhesives are applied to cars during the windshield replacement.
- The new windshield is replaced following procedures recommended by the AGSC. The recommended one hour drive-away time for passenger safety is then observed, allowing the adhesive to cure for safe driveaway time.
- We review our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee, which states if your new windshield is damaged within 12 months, we will repair chips and cracks free of charge. If the windshield is broken beyond repair, Glass Doctor will replace the glass for free.
For a guaranteed windshield replacement or a quality windshield crack repair, contact our team of experts today. You can be confident of the service you’ll get from Glass Doctor of Brighton, MI.