Double Pane Windows
Homeowners have learned to expect the unexpected. Extreme weather and varied temperature changes can be more common than you’d like. Windows are susceptible to the fluctuations, and after a time, it can weigh heavily on their ability to perform optimally. If windows are inefficient due to a broken seal, the temperature exchange in your home is affected.
Glass Doctor® of Michigan has a team of glass experts experienced in double pane window replacement. They will talk with you and assess your problem, and proceed with a cost-efficient solution.
Signs Your Window Needs to be Replaced
There are common signs that present themselves when your window is not performing properly, or a seal is broken. These include:
- Your heating/air-conditioning unit is working harder
- You feel a draft near the window
- The appearance of moisture or condensation
- A milky look to your windows
The Benefits of Insulated Glass Units
Double pane windows, a type of insulated glass unit (IGU), go a long way in regulating your interior climate. Your windows are the main source of temperature exchange, and, when installed correctly, double pane windows will reduce heat transfer. In essence, IGUs help your home maintain a consistent temperature.
Double pane windows are:
- Two panes of glass separated by a spacer
- Spacers are filled with a desiccant (a moisture-absorbing material)
- The entire unit is sealed with a high-grade sealant to prevent leaks
- You can achieve more protection by adding krypton or argon gas between the panes
Glass Doctor of Michigan can replace or install double pane windows, which will help your home save money and improve its overall value.
Double Pane Window Replacement
lass Doctor of Michigan specializes in double pane window replacement. Our glass specialists don’t always have to replace the entire window. First, we attempt to replace glass using existing frames, which decreases the cost of the repair.
Glass Doctor of Michigan is ready to discuss the options available to improve your home. Fill out our online form or call us today!