Shower Doors & Tub Enclosures
A new shower door or tub enclosure lightens your washroom, creating a beautiful yet functional centerpiece. Whether you’re looking for a basic shower door or a custom enclosure with elaborate etching, Glass Doctor® of London offers attractive products for every washroom and budget.
Our glass specialists will guide you through the entire process, from an initial in-home consultation to installation and maintenance. We’ll help make your dreams a reality and treat you and you home with the highest level of professionalism and expertise.
Schedule an appointment to start the process. Our specialist’s visit your home at your convenience, and we even work evenings and weekends! Before your appointment, you’ll be able to browse through some options in our gallery to get a better idea of the shower door and tub enclosures we offer.
During your in-home consultation, our Glass Doctor of London specialist will do the following:
- Look at your current decor and enclosures and discuss the changes you’d like to make.
- Examine your walls to determine if their material and supporting studs will safely bear the weight of a new glass shower door.
- Measure thoroughly and accurately - top, middle, and bottom - to ensure that your new shower will fit perfectly the first time.
- Discuss your options with you, taking into account your washroom’s structure and your design preferences.
- Help you select an option that works best. For example, the thickness and width of the glass determines what patterns and etching are possible.
- Help you choose the right top header frame if you've selected a framed shower or tub enclosure. We have a wide variety of designs, colours, and styles to complement your tastes.
- Make sure your washroom is adequately ventilated with an expert ventilation check. If your washroom is fully tiled yet lacks ventilation, then Glass Doctor of London may install our glass steam room kit. Your shower must have at least two feet of space above it to allow for moisture filled air to escape.
- Discuss any additional washroom renovations you want to consider, such as shower heads, faucets and mirrors.
- Provide you with a quote and pricing options within 24 hours.
After you approve your project, we’ll order your glass shower doors or tub enclosures, hardware and any additional fixtures from our trusted manufacturers. We use only the best vendors that ensure high-quality products delivered quickly and safely. Most items arrive within 10 to 15 business days, although custom glass orders may take longer.
When your products arrive, a glass specialist will make an appointment with you to install the new enclosure. Our professional installation generally takes less than a day, so your washroom will be quickly transformed with minimal inconvenience.
During installation, we’ll do the following:
- Prepare the area for your new glass shower doors or tub enclosures, including installation of U-channels to safely and securely hold your glass.
- Place the glass and apply a sealant to securely affix the glass to the U-channel.
- Mount the proper hardware.
- Install top head channels if needed.
- Fasten the door to the hinges.
- Apply Clear Choice™ glass protectant. This sealant helps protect your glass against hard water stains and soap scum, ensuring its like-new appearance for years to come.
- Make sure the work is done to your satisfaction and advise you to wait 12 hours for the sealant and adhesive to cure and form a proper seal.
- Finally, we won’t leave you with a mess to clean up. We’ll leave your washroom cleaner than we found it.
This home improvement process begins with a solid brainstorming session. Use our links to kick-start your creativity.
- Shower Door Gallery
- Shower Door Accessories
- Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
- Ordering and Installation
- Clear Choice™ Protectant