Windshield Repair and Replacement
You should never gamble with your life, but when you drive without an intact windshield, you do exactly that. Windshields protect your car and passengers during rollover and collision accidents, which is why you should address chips and cracks in the glass as soon as you find them. Glass Doctor® of The Gold Country offers quick, affordable windshield repair and replacement service. We follow all of the Auto Glass Safety Council's standards to the letter, and cover all new windshields we install with a year-long windshield replacement guarantee.
To decide what form of assistance you need, there are a few important factors to take into consideration. Keep in mind these are general guidelines and your precise needs are individual:
- Size: If your crack is less than three inches long or your chip is under 3/8 of an inch in circumference, you may be eligible for a windshield repair instead of a replacement.
- Location: If your crack or chip is in your line of vision as you are driving, you will be more likely to be a candidate for windshield replacement. Since windshield repair is not a flawless procedure and may leave slight evidence of prior damage behind, damage to the driver's vision pane will usually require windshield replacement. In addition, if your crack or chip is on the very edge of your windshield then your windshield may also need to be replaced. These are more likely to impact structural integrity causing more damage.
- Timespan: When it comes to chips, cracks and other windshield damage, time is of the essence. These injuries to your panes spread, so the sooner you contact the team at Glass Doctor® of The Gold Country, the less damage you'll be confronting.
If you're a Jackson driver trying to figure out the best course of action, contact Glass Doctor® of The Gold Country. We specialize in auto glass care.
If you need windshield repair, you're in luck. This is an inexpensive, safe, often quick, environmentally friendly fix for your windshield woes that will stop damage from spreading and get you back on the road in no time. When eligible, Glass Doctor® of the Gold County suggests repair.
Glass Doctor® recommends repair over replacement because:
- Convenience: Glass Doctor specialists typically perform windshield repairs within an hour.
- Inexpensive: Windshield repair is far more economical than replacing the whole windshield.
- Insurance Advantages: Because of the economic advantages of repair vs. replacement, many insurance companies will waive your deductible and pay for the windshield repair.
- Environmentally Responsible: Repairing your windshield keeps your old glass out of a landfill, where it will stay forever.
To properly repair your windshield, Glass Doctor® specialists remove debris from the impacted area, sometimes using a drill to create a clean passageway for the repair resin. A special resin is then injected into the damaged area using a tool that attaches to the surface of the glass. After injection, the resin is cured and polished to a clear finish.
Your Windshield Replacement Guarantee Options
The G12® Road Hazard Warranty
This free warranty applies to all new windshields our team installs. If your windshield is damaged within the next twelve months, we will perform all repairs, and one replacement, without charging you for the glass.
Windshield repairs are cheaper, quicker and better for the environment than replacements, which is why we do everything in our power to repair damaged glass. We encourage you to bring in your car as soon as it is damaged, because the sooner you address windshield damage, the more likely we will be able to repair it.
The G12® Future Installation Plan
For an extra fee, you may upgrade your warranty to the G12® Installation Plan. Not only will we not charge you for the glass when you repair or replace your windshield, but you won't have to pay for other materials or labor costs. All repairs within the next 12 months will be free.
The G12® Value Warranty
Our most extensive windshield replacement guarantee covers everything the G12® Future Installation Plan does as well as a new set of windshield wiper blades. We will also throw in a free coat of Clear Choice™, a protectant that will strengthen your windshield against damage and help it shake off rain and ice. Whether you're facing road debris, a blizzard, or a tropical storm, your car will be safer with a coat of Clear Choice™.
Our warranties only apply if you get your windshield fixed at a Glass Doctor® shop. You may order the repairs from any of our locations, but you will need to inform the store where you had the windshield installed to have them corroborate your coverage. All of our windshield replacement guarantees last for a year. None of our guarantees cover vandalism, natural disasters, fraud or damage from car collisions. We also do not cover buses, class A motor vehicles, heavy trucks of classes 7-8, or other heavy vehicles.
We are committed to giving our customers options. The G12® Road Hazard warranty applies to all of our customers, and we offer additional windshield replacement guarantee plans to make sure that you find a policy that's right for you.