Get to Know Glass Doctor of Utah County
The experts at Glass Doctor® of Utah County are proud to provide auto, home, and business glass services to American Fork, Provo, Salem, Eagle Mountain, and the surrounding areas. Our owner, Greg Carter, has more than 35 years of experience in the glass industry, getting his start right out of high school in window manufacturing. A few years later he started reglazing and doing custom glass and mirror fabrication. He eventually started the residential and commercial glass repair and replacement branch of the company he was working for. After doing that for fourteen years, a new local Glass Doctor shop hired Greg as manager. In 2000, he had the opportunity to become the owner of that Glass Doctor location, where he continues to provide expert quality glass services to this day.
Outside of work, Greg enjoys spending time with his wife, three children, and five grandkids. Greg loves sports and gives back to his community by officiating high school and college sports, including baseball, basketball, and football. He enjoys building and remodeling things, riding bikes, golfing, and other outdoor activities.
In addition to Greg, Glass Doctor of Utah County boasts a team of qualified glass professionals to handle all your glass replacement and repair needs. Jacob Hafen has more than 20 years of experience in auto glass to make sure your windshield repair or car window replacement is done right. Jacob is married with two boys and loves fishing and spending time outdoors. Kelsey Phinney is our inside sales rep. She is married, a cat mom, and loves all things Star Wars.
Why we love Utah County
The state of Utah is famous for its beautiful scenery and outdoor recreation, and Utah County is no exception. You’ll find Utah Lake, where you can enjoy boating, fishing, water skiing, and camping. There are also mountains for hiking, skiing, and snowboarding, and several parks and protected areas where you can explore nature. Utah County boasts quality public schools and several colleges and universities, including BYU and Utah Valley University, making it a great place to raise a family. Utah County is home to many small communities to explore, each with its own unique character and celebrations.
Why You Should Choose Glass Doctor of Utah County
When you need glass replacement or repair for your home or business, or if you have damaged auto glass, make Glass Doctor of Utah County your first call. With our decades of experience in the glass industry, we have the expertise to solve your glass problems. We not only repair and replace broken glass, but we can also help you upgrade and enhance your home with custom glass décor and mirrors. Glass tabletops and shelving can add elegance and style to your home, and custom decorative mirrors make small areas seem bigger and brighter. Quality glass is essential to the security and image of your business, and our business glass services help reduce the impact of damaged glass on your day-to-day operations. Our industry glass solutions provide options for large-scale projects such as apartment complexes, schools, hotels, and more. Your auto glass is in good hands with Glass Doctor of Utah County. We can repair or replace damaged windshields as well as replace broken door glass, rear glass, sunroofs, mirrors and more using OEE quality glass and industry standard procedures. We can even work on some buses and RVs!
Services offered by Glass Doctor of Utah County
Home Glass Services:
- Double Pane Windows
- Emergency Home Window Repair
- Shower Door Installation
- Hydrophobic Coating Services
Auto Glass Services:
Business Glass Repair Services:
- Emergency Commercial Glass Repair
- Security Window Film
- Advance Measurement System
- Door Closer Repair Service
Code of Values
Glass Doctor is one of multiple service brands owned by Neighborly®. Each brand shares a Code of Values and culture to live by, which not only outlines how we work in a professional environment but also how we live our daily lives.
We live our Code of Values by...
- Treating others as we would like to be treated.
- Listening with the intent to understand what is being said and acknowledging that what is said is important to the speaker.
- Responding in a timely fashion.
- Speaking calmly, and respectfully, without profanity or sarcasm.
- Acknowledging everyone as right from their own perspective.
- Making only agreements we are willing, able and intend to keep.
- Communicating any potentially broken agreements at the first appropriate opportunity to all parties concerned.
- Looking to the system for correction and proposing all possible solutions if something is not working.
- Operating in a responsible manner: "above the line."
- Communicating honestly and with purpose.
- Asking clarifying questions if we disagree or do not understand.
- Never saying anything about anyone that we would not say to him or her.
- Continuously striving to maximize internal and external customer loyalty.
- Making our best effort to understand and appreciate the customer’s needs in every situation.
...and Having fun in the process!