Windshield Repair and Replacement
The best time to schedule a windshield repair is as soon as you notice any type of impact in the glass, regardless of its size. Because a vehicle’s windshield is a vital safety feature, Glass Doctor® of Monroe, MI urges you to schedule a windshield replacement or repair at the earliest opportunity. Our glass specialists follow Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) standards to restore a vehicle’s structural integrity and the glass’ visual clarity. For extra protection, Glass Doctor of Monroe MI backs new windshields with the G12® Road Hazard Guarantee.
Windshield Care as Soon as Possible
Windshields, along with seatbelts and airbags, make up a vehicle’s safety restraint system. One of the windshield’s main roles is to keep the passengers inside in a vehicle during a collision. The slightest damage to one component of the safety system affects the effectiveness of the others. For example, when a windshield has a crack or chip, air bags may not deploy properly and their force may break the glass, increasing the danger to passengers during a collision.
According to the AGSC, intact windshields make up to 40% of a vehicles structural integrity in front-end collisions, and up to 60% in rollover events. As soon as you notice the slightest damage to your windshield, call Glass Doctor of Monroe, MI to schedule an appointment.
Advantages of Windshield Repairs
The experts at Glass Doctor of Monroe, MI always repair windshields when it is an effective, safe option. The service advantages make it customer's ideal option, too:
- Save time: Repairs generally take 30 minutes or less to complete.
- Convenience: Glass Doctor of Monroe, MI happily works around your schedule. If you’d like repairs made outside our shop, our mobile unit will come to you.
- Save money: Repairs are more affordable than replacements.
- Insurance coverage: Some auto insurance policies cover the cost of windshield repairs.
- Environmentally responsible: Repairs keep auto glass, which is difficult to recycle, out of landfills.
- Peace of mind: Repairs restore a vehicle’s structural integrity as well as replacements does.
Windshield Repair Steps
- A glass specialist cleans the dirt from the impacted area. Depending on the situation, the expert may use a drill to create a passageway for the resin to enter.
- The glass specialist injects repair resin into the clean impacted area using a special tool.
- The resin cures.
- The glass specialist polishes the resin to a clear finish.
Windshield Replacement Considerations
In some instances, a replacement is the safest option. When deciding whether to do a repair or replacement, glass specialists consider the following:
- Age: Older impacts contain more dirt and grime, making them more difficult to repair successfully.
- Size: Cracks longer than three inches and chips bigger than 3/8 inch require a replacement.
- Location: Impacts in your line of sight require a replacement. The same is true for cracks along the edge of a windshield.
- Auto glass type: Some types of auto glass, such as tempered glass, are not possible to repair, making replacements necessary.
Windshield Replacement Steps
- A glass specialist carefully removes the damaged windshield to avoid damaging the paint and bonding surface.
- The expert chooses a windshield that matches the original equipment manufacturer quality.
- The glass specialist applies AGSC-approved adhesives to the vehicle.
- The specialist secures the new windshield following AGSC techniques.
- The adhesive cures for the appropriate amount of time.
After Glass Doctor of Monroe replaces windshields, our services include the G12® Road Hazard Guarantee for the following 12 months. The guarantee offers one-time glass replacement in the event that windshield damage occurs because of a natural road hazard. Exclusions apply.
Contact Glass Doctor of Monroe, MI today to schedule a windshield replacement or repair.