Windshield Repair and Replacement
Cities We Service
Zip codes we service
Windshield cracks and chips are more than just cosmetic blemishes. In an auto collision, a cracked or chipped windshield is a potentially fatal hazard. Glass Doctor® recommends a windshield repair or replacement service as soon as you notice a chip or crack.
When the specialists at Glass Doctor of Lincoln evaluate your car to determine if it needs a windshield repair or replacement, they consider the following:
- Age of damage: Crack and chips accumulate dirt with time. If the amount of dirt reduces a repair’s overall success, a glass specialist may recommend a replacement.
- The imperfection’s location: Glass specialists often replace windshields when chips are in your line of sight or cracks are near the glass’ edge.
- The blemish’s size: In general, glass specialists replace windshields when cracks are longer than three inches or chips are 3/8-inch or larger.
Many major auto insurance carriers cover windshield repairs and replacements. Glass Doctor of Lincoln recommends that you speak to your insurance agent to learn more about your coverage. If you do have windshield coverage, our team will file the insurance paperwork for you.
Glass Doctor of Lincoln follows detailed steps to ensure a safe and efficient windshield repair.
Glass Doctor recommends repair over replacement because:
- Clean the affected area to remove dirt and debris.
- Create a passageway for the repair resin.
- Inject the repair resin into the damage area and allow it to cure.
- Polish the resin so it leaves a clear finish.
Benefits of Windshield Repair
Whenever possible, Glass Doctor of Lincoln recommends repairs over windshield replacements. Windshield repairs are a cost-effective alternative that prevents small chips or cracks from becoming safety hazards.
Additional benefits of windshield repairs include:
- Safety: Windshield repair maintains the vehicle’s structural integrity and keeps occupants safer in a collision.
- Cost Effectiveness: It’s far less expensive to repair a windshield than replace it.
- Insurance Assistance: Your insurance company may cover the cost of a windshield repair and waive the deductible.
- Customer Convenience: Glass Doctor of Lincoln schedules repairs around your schedule. In general, repairs take less than an hour to complete. If your insurance policy covers the repair, our specialists will take care of the claim for you.
- Eco-Friendly Alternative: Windshields are difficult to recycle. When you repair yours, you keep it out of a landfill and reduce the demand for raw materials.
A car’s windshield may account for up to 60% of a vehicle’s structural integrity during a rollover-type of accident, according to the Auto Glass Safety Council™. For this reason, Glass Doctor of Lincoln urges you to promptly repair or replace a damaged windshield, regardless of the chip or crack’s size.
To ensure a quality windshield replacement, our specialists follow a step-by-step process.
Remove the windshield without damaging the bonding surface.
- Select a windshield that matches the vehicle’s original equipment manufactured (OEM) or quality.
- Selected an appropriate Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) approved adhesive.
- Install the new windshield according to AGSC standards.
- Allow the adhesive to cure for 60 minutes so the windshield seals properly.
When Glass Doctor of Lincoln replaces your windshield, we back our work with the G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. With this guarantee, if your new windshield receives damage within 12 months, our specialists will take care of it free of charge.
Contact Glass Doctor of Lincoln to schedule an appointment or learn more about our auto glass services.