Windshield Repair and Replacement
Windshield damage is a common issue that is tempting to ignore. Unfortunately, even the smallest crack may impact the structural integrity of your vehicle leaving you and your passengers at risk. Windshield damage should be addressed as soon as possible. When determining whether windshield glass replacement or repair is the best option for your vehicle, Glass Doctor® of Belleville, IL considers several factors.
- Location: A crack that has splintered along the edge of your windshield will often spread, so usually requires a replacement. Damage located in the driver’s line of sight will also result in a replacement.
- Size: There are a few exceptions, however, most chips larger than the size of a quarter or cracks larger than three inches long require a windshield glass replacement.
- Length of Time: If a chip or crack remains unaddressed, dirt and grime builds up, making a successful repair less likely.
Don’t risk the safety of anyone who rides in your vehicle. The specialists at Glass Doctor of Belleville, IL will inspect the damage and make a recommendation. They work with every major insurance carrier. Your filing will even be covered for you. As a precaution, it’s a good idea to check first with your local agent to verify your coverage before your windshield is repaired or replaced.
Repairing a windshield is a cost-saving option when a replacement is not necessary. The repair will keep chips and cracks from growing. If possible, a repair will be recommended because this option is generally covered by insurance and performed within an hour. Repair is also the most environmentally friendly options because it keeps glass from ending up in a landfill.
When repairing your windshield, a glass specialist will:
- Remove any debris from the damaged area.
- A high-quality repair resin is injected into the impacted area utilizing a special tool that is attached to the glass surface.
- Once this process is complete, the resin is cured and polished, restoring the clarity of your windshield.
Your vehicle’s windshield accounts for up to 60% of its structural integrity during a rollover crash. If a windshield glass replacement is necessary, ignoring it could be a major hazard. When replacing a windshield, the specialists at Glass Doctor of Belleville, IL gently remove the glass, avoiding damage to the paint and bonding surface. Replacement windshields are selected to match the standards of the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Council (AGRSC) quality and adhesives that are approved by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) are used. All windshield replacements are completed using the guidelines set by the AGSC.
If you experience windshield damage that requires replacement, your new glass will be covered by the Glass Doctor of Belleville, IL G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If your new windshield is damaged within 12 months following replacement, our team will repair any cracks or chips. If a replacement is required, this will also be completed, free of charge. Exclusions apply. Contact the team at Glass Doctor of Belleville, IL today to schedule an appointment and learn more about our windshield glass repair and replacement services.
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.