Windshield Repair & Replacement | Ashland
While they may be simple to ignore, cracks and chips in windshields require immediate professional attention. The seemingly small imperfections are more than just eyesores, as the impacts may greatly reduce the safety and structural integrity of a vehicle. As soon as you notice an impact in your windshield, contact Glass Doctor® of Ashland to schedule a windshield repair or replacement.
Windshield Repair Benefits
The glass specialists at Glass Doctor of Ashland will always do a windshield repair instead of a replacement when it’s a viable option because:
- Convenience: Most repairs take less than 60 minutes and we’ll gladly work around your schedule.
- Save money: Repairing a crack or chip is more economical than replacing an entire windshield.
- Effectiveness: Our windshield repairs restore the structural integrity and safety of a vehicle.
- Insurance assistance: Some insurance companies cover the cost of a windshield repair and waive the deductible. Talk to your insurance agent to learn if your policy offers this coverage.
- Earth friendly: Auto glass often isn’t recyclable. Windshield repairs reduce landfill waste and the demand for resources, as well as save energy.
Windshield Repair Steps
- A glass expert from Glass Doctor of Ashland cleans the chip or crack, drilling a small passageway if necessary for the resin to enter.
- The glass specialist injects resin into the cleaned area using a special tool.
- After the resin cures, the glass specialist polishes the area so it has a clear finish.
Windshield Repair vs. Windshield Replacement
Even though Glass Doctor of Ashland prefers to repair windshields, there are instances when replacements are the safest option, such as:
- Age of impact: Older impacts have more dirt and grime in them, making them more difficult to repair successfully.
- Size: Glass specialists repair chips that are 3/8 inch or larger and cracks that are 3 inches or longer. Keep impacts from growing by not using the defrost setting in your vehicle when the weather is cold.
- Location: Windshields that have impacts around the glass’ edge or in the line of sight require replacements.
- Windshield glass type: Because it is designed to shatter upon impact, glass specialists always repair windshield made of tempered glass, regardless of the impact’s size or location.
Windshields, along with airbags and seatbelts, are important safety features in vehicles. In addition to protecting you from debris as you drive, windshields serve to keep passengers inside a vehicle during a collision and ensure proper airbag deployment. According to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), windshields make up 45% of a vehicle’s structural integrity during a front-end collision, and up to 65% in rollover accidents.
When glass specialists at Glass Doctor of Ashland replace windshields, they complete the following steps:
- Carefully remove the windshield per Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards.
- Install a new windshield that matches the OEM quality, using AGSC-approved adhesives and techniques.
- Let the adhesive cure for the recommended amount of time.
G12® Road Hazard Guarantee
When Glass Doctor of Ashland replaces your windshield, we’ll back it with the G12 Road Hazard Guarantee for 12 months. If a normal road hazard damages the new windshield, we’ll take care of it free of charge. Limits and exclusions apply.
Restore your vehicle’s safety and schedule a windshield repair with Glass Doctor of Ashland today.