Commercial Door Closer Service
A first impression is the most important one, because it can be the lasting one. More times than not a customer’s first impression of your business is made when they see your storefront. Make sure that the first impression is a positive one with a commercial door closer. These mechanisms work to help customers enter your store easier. Glass Doctor of Reno provides commercial door closer services to ensure the safety of your storefront and everyone who walks through it.
What is a Door Closer?
A commercial door closer helps users to open a heavy storefront door with ease, letting them pass through without having to physically close the door. These mechanisms are attached to the tops of doors and are designed to help customers and create a more welcoming opening. A commercial door closer will work like this:
- As the customer first tries to open the door, they will feel some initial resistance, showing how heavy the storefront door actually is.
- After the initial pressure, the door will smoothly glide open, allowing the customer to walk through.
- Once the customer is in the store, a spring in the door closer will force the mechanism’s arm to hold the force of the door as it slowly guides the door closed.
A commercial door closer can be used in a variety of businesses. From hospitals to schools, restaurants, small businesses, or anything in between, all businesses can benefit from the use of a commercial door closer. This is because they can also be installed on either new or existing doors.
Questions to Consider
Glass Doctor of Reno provides a wide assortment of commercial door closers with different styles and types. When choosing one it is essential to consider the following: What is your budget? Where is the door located – is it an exterior door? What aesthetic is your space? How often will the door be used? And, will it be placed on an existing door or placed along with a new door?
All of these answers will help you to hone in on what type of door closer is perfect for your business.
Styles of Door Closers
Top-mounted jamb commercial door closers are the most widely used and are mounted at the top of your door. Glass Doctor provides these types:
- Regular Arm: is the most power efficient and mounted on the exterior of the door.
- Parallel Arm: used frequently in schools, this type is attractive and less prone to vandalism.
- Top Jam: frequently mounted on glass storefront doors.
Other styles of door closers include:
- Surface-Mounted: fitted to the doorframe, this is usually the most cost-effective.
- Floor-Spring: mounted to the floor, this door closer is concealed.
- Concealed: hidden from sight, this type is fitted into the door or the doorframe.
Installing a Door Closer
After deciding what style and type of door closer you want for your building, Glass Doctor of Reno specialists performs the following steps in order to install your commercial door closer to your store:
- Identify the right type of door closer for your heavy door.
- Prepare the door and doorframe for installation.
- Install the necessary hardware to both the door and the doorframe.
- Connect all pieces of the hardware together.
- Check all the pieces of the door closer to make sure that it is working correctly.
Door Closer Repair and Maintenance
After installation Glass Doctor of Reno provides a wide variety of services – from repairs to replacements and regular maintenance. It is crucial that you have a professional work on your commercial door closer, because having an untrained worker can result in a warranty being voided or damage to your door closer. Glass Doctor technicians frequently repair and replace door closers because of these three-key problem:
- Incorrect Type of Door Closers: If your storefront door is a heavy door, then it will require a strong door closer with durable springs that can hold the weight of the door. If an incorrect commercial door closer is installed it poses the safety risk of misalignment that can damage the door closer or the actual door.
- Seal Repairs and Low Oil Levels: If your door closer has a broken seal it can leave hardware vulnerable and may cause oil leaks. These lubrication leaks generally indicate a mechanical problem within the closer, such as a missing screw, a broken O-ring, or a failed seal. Lack of lubrication leads to doors closing or opening too quickly, which can pose a possible safety risk.
- Improperly Installed and Adjusted Door Closers: Improperly installed door closers lead to the risk of misalignment and could make it more difficult to open or close the door. The specialists at Glass Doctor install and maintain door closers to ensure that:
- The lifespan of your door and door closer are increased, leading to more times between maintenance.
- Abnormal or unexpected movements of your door are prevented.
- Your door remains in good working conditions.
Schedule an Appointment.
Ready to install, repair or replace a commercial door closer? Glass Doctor of Reno employs courteous and professional technicians that are experts in their field. They have extensive training in installing, repairing, maintaining and replacing commercial door closers, along with being trained to help with custom glass, storefront glass, hardware, doorframes and hinges. Schedule an appointment or call us today at (775) 455-4655 for help with all your storefront needs.