Spruce It Up: Glass Bookshelves for Your Home Library
Glass bookshelves or a bookcase with glass doors will add simplistic charm and beauty to any space. Glass Doctor®, a leader in the home glass market, offers several custom glass services, including custom cut glass shelving. Call one of our glass experts today at 855-603-1919 to get started.
DIY Wall-Mounted Glass Bookshelves
Wall-mounted bookshelves are a perfect way to display literary favorites while also cutting down on the extra space of bulky bookcases. While there are different wall-mounted bookshelf projects to try, wall-mounted glass shelves are the go-to option.
Here's what you can expect with the custom-cut glass solutions from Glass Doctor:
- Metal flanges, rods and tips
- Primer spray
- Oil rubbed color of preference spray paint
- Stud Senor
- 2 1/2" screws
- Adhesive rubber pads
- Glass pieces cut to desired shelf size
Directions: Walking through the Glass Doctor Process
- Coat metal flanges, rods and tips with primer.
- Coat metal flanges, rods and tips with oil rubbed spray paint.
- Locate and mark studs in the desired installation area on the wall using a stud sensor.
- Mount a painted bracket by drilling a screw into each of the holes in the bracket.
- Using a level to ensure straight shelves, mark and mount another painted bracket horizontally across from your first.
- Repeat the mounting process until you have enough pairs of mounted brackets to create the number of shelves you want.
- Attach two adhesive pads to each bracket to hold glass in place.
- Place your custom cut glass pieces on top.
Adding Glass Doors to Bookshelves
Bring a touch of elegance to bookshelves by simply adding glass doors to your bookshelf.
Below are the materials listed in a DIY glass door bookshelf plan to help you envision the process.
- Wood for the frame
- Glass cut to desired size
- Measuring tape
Why Glass Doctor
Glass Doctor is here to ensure you succeed in your glass shelving installations. We offer our customers upfront pricing, along with glass advice, guidance, repair and maintenance—and we do it all at your convenience. There's a reason Glass Doctor has been voted "Best Miscellaneous Home Services" by Entrepreneur magazine.
Call Glass Doctor Today
Call us today at 855-603-1919 and let us help you get started on your home improvement visions.
do it yourself: https://www.doityourself.com/stry/add-a-glass-bookshelf-door#b
This Old House: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/how-to/step/0,,550857_537045,00.html
Whisper Wood Cottage: https://www.whisperwoodcottage.com/2012/05/industrial-shelf-solution-for-guest.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook