Shower Doors & Tub Enclosures
Nothing enhances the aesthetic appeal of a bathroom more than a stylish glass shower enclosure. Since the bathroom is one of the most frequently used rooms in any home, it’s only natural that it should feature impressive decor. Glass Doctor® of Calgary delivers the dramatic and elegant display you need to enliven your bath. Even a small bathroom will seem larger with the openness of a glass shower enclosure, and the resulting additional light will direct focus on the enclosure. Apart from the appeal to household members, the resale value of the entire home is also significantly increased.
To make optimum use of existing space, most glass shower enclosures should be custom designed and installed. The options-shower doors, frameless shower doors, corner doors, door and panel, sliding shower door, over-the-tub enclosures-might seem endless! Our glass specialists are happy to assist you through the design process, helping pick the perfect enclosure for your home. We consult with you from the start to finish so the end results are what you had imagined.
Prior to the design phase, here are some variables, which should be considered, so they can be incorporated into the planning process:
- Wall Composition: It is necessary to know where studs are located within the bathroom walls, and whether the walls are constructed of tile or drywall material. This information is critical to the calculation of the maximum weight your bathroom walls are capable of supporting.
- Shower Head: As you might expect, the possibilities just for shower heads is enormous. You should consider whether you want a circular or square head, simple or multi-function, volume control, mobile attachment (for directing the water stream by hand), and even the material from which it is constructed. There is also the practical consideration of ensuring that the shower head of your choice will not spray the bathroom floor when the enclosure door is open.
- Dimensions: The exact measurements of your bathroom must be established before the design because available space is critical to the plan. Our glass enclosure experts know exactly which measurements must be taken and will perform the task quickly and accurately, so that there are no delays or obstacles to installation later in the process. Schedule an appointment with our professional team to be sure this important step is handled correctly.
- Ventilation: Improper ventilation can cause some significant problems in the bathroom, including the buildup of moisture, peeling wall paint and mold growth. This is particularly true of drywall ceilings and walls because of their heavy paper content. Improving the ventilation in your bathroom can prevent most of the problems associated with bathroom moisture, and our specialists can discuss with you the benefits of installing a Glass Doctor steam room kit for added ventilation if your shower room is fully tiled.
Glass Doctor of Calgary makes available several helpful and worthwhile services available to aid our customers consider the possibilities for new shower enclosures, including:
- Shower Door Gallery
- Shower Door Accessories
- Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
- Ordering and Installation
- Clear Choice™ Protectant
When you're ready to take the next step in your shower renovation, contact us to schedule an appointment for a home consultation.
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.