Windshield Repair and Replacement
Cracks, chips and other impacts in your windshield are more than just blemishes. These seemingly minor imperfections compromise your vehicle’s safety. Glass Doctor® of Texarkana recommends that you schedule a windshield repair as soon as you notice any impacts on your auto glass. Our repairs generally take 60 minutes or less, and we’re happy to work with your schedule.
Repair or Replacement?
While Glass Doctor of Texarkana has a repair-first policy, a windshield replacement may be the safest option because of factors such as:
- Glass type: Specialists always replace windshields made of tempered glass.
- Impact age: The longer an impact remains, the more grime and dirt accumulate in it.
- Impact size: We replace windshields when cracks are longer than 3 inches or chips are larger than 3/8 inch.
- Impact location: Specialists replace windshields when an impact is in the line of sight or impacts are around the glass’ edge.
Glass specialist tip: If you have crack or chip in your windshield, keep it from spreading by not using the defrost setting in your vehicle when it’s cold outside.
Windshield Repair Advantages
At Glass Doctor of Texarkana, we follow a repair-first policy when it’s a safe, effective option for your vehicle because:
- Insurance coverage: Some auto policies cover the cost of windshield repairs. If this is true for you, we’ll handle the claim for you. Talk to your insurance agent to learn if your policy offers this benefit.
- Convenient scheduling: Our team will complete the repair on the date and time that works best for you.
- Cost savings: Windshield repairs are less expensive than replacements.
- Vehicle safety: In the right circumstances, windshield repairs restore the safety and structural integrity of auto glass as well as replacements do.
- Environmentally friendly: Most types of windshield glass aren’t recyclable. A repair keeps auto glass out of landfills and reduces the demand for natural resources.
Windshield Repair Procedure
A specialist from Glass Doctor of Texarkana cleans the impacted area. He may drill a small passageway for the resin to enter, if necessary.
- The specialist uses a special tool to inject the resin into the impacted area and allows it to cure.
- The specialist polishes the resin to reveal a clear finish.
Windshields, seatbelts and airbags make up a vehicle’s safety restraint system. The main purpose of auto glass is to keep passengers inside during a collision and promote proper airbag deployment. When a windshield is in good shape, it accounts for up to 45% of a vehicle’s structural integrity in front-end collisions, and up to 65% in rollovers, according to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC).
During a windshield replacement, a Glass Doctor of Texarkana specialist does the following:
- Remove the damaged windshield following Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS®).
- Install a windshield that matches the original equipment manufacturer’s quality using AGSC-approved techniques and adhesives.
- Allow the adhesive to cure.
When you receive a new windshield from Glass Doctor of Texarkana, you also receive the G12 Road Hazard Guarantee for the following 12 months. If a road hazard damages the windshield, we’ll repair or replace it for free. Limits and exclusions apply.
Don’t wait any longer to schedule a windshield repair. Contact Glass Doctor of Texarkana today or schedule an appointment online.