How to Fix Condensation Inside Windows | 5 Tips
If you have condensation on the inside of your windows, the experts at Glass Doctor® will help you learn how to fix it. In some special cases, you may need to replace or repair the glass. Keep reading to learn about interior window condensation and try these five DIY quick fixes to get rid of the condensation.
Why Is There Condensation Inside My Windows?
Condensation forms when water vapor condenses into a liquid. The surface of the glass inside your windows cools below the dew-point of the surrounding air, resulting in fogged glass.
Five Quick DIY Fixes for Window Condensation
- Buy a dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers remove moisture from the air and keep moisture off of your windows. Place your dehumidifier near the windows where you tend to see the most condensation.
- Move your houseplants. Did you know that the more houseplants you have, the more moisture you’ll find in the air? Sometimes simply moving your houseplants outside during the winter can eliminate condensation inside your windows.
- You can try a moisture eliminator. It works to eliminate moisture in the air (and consequently, could make your home smell fresher) and typically costs less than $10.
- Make use of your fans when you’re showering. Turn on the fans in your bathroom (and if you want to be extra careful, turn on other fans in your house). Showering can make your house extremely humid, regardless of where your bathroom is located.
- Don’t air-dry your clothes indoors. Drying wet clothes inside significantly increases interior moisture in your home.
When to Repair and Replace Your Windows
Sometimes condensation on the inside of your windows is the result of a failing windowpane seal.
- When the window seal is not doing its job, cool air makes its way inside of double paned windows.
- When this happens, the now-colder windows attract condensation in a way that cannot be cleared up by simple fixes.
When you’ve done the best that you can to reduce moisture in your home and your window glass is still collecting condensation, call a professional glass expert. The experts at Glass Doctor can assess whether you need a window replacement.
Fix the Condensation in Your Windows Today
Call the experts at Glass Doctor:
- We are in the glass business, so we understand that sometimes it is much easier (and much cheaper) to simply replace the individual panes of glass.
- We’ve been around for over 40 years and our motto has stayed the same: Always exceed the customer’s expectations.
If you need assistance with condensation inside your windows, call us today at 855-603-1919.
Weather Questions: http://www.weatherquestions.com/What_is_condensation.htm
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.