Sliding Glass Door Repair
Damaged sliding glass doors should be repaired as quickly as possible to ensure the safety of your home. Learn what you can do to improve a sliding door on your own, and when a repair or replacement for your glass sliding door is necessary.
At Glass Doctor®, our experts are trained to repair and replace all types of glass doors, including sliding patio doors. With 270 locations across the nation, we’re available for a sliding glass door repair near you any time or day of the week. Call us to schedule an appointment today at 855-603-1919.
How to Repair a Sliding Glass Door
If your sliding door doesn’t roll smoothly along the bottom of the door, there are some do-it-yourself tips that may solve the issue easily.
Tightening or loosening the adjusting screws at the bottom metal frame of the door may help the rollers perform better. Try either option, and test the door to see if it slides more easily.
- If the sliding glass door is still hard to open, try cleaning the bottom track where the door is getting stuck. You can remove any dirt and debris that may be causing the issue.
- If neither of these tricks improve the function of your sliding glass door, replacing the rollers may be the next step and involves removing the door from its track.
Although repairing a sliding glass door can be a DIY job, calling in a professional for help is the best option once the glass door has to be removed from its frame. It can be both difficult and dangerous to handle large pieces of glass like those typically found in sliding patio doors. If you want to ensure the quality and durability of your doors and avoid additional costs, call on certified glass professionals to make it easy for you.
Regardless if you have broken glass or rollers that are misaligned with their tracks, here’s how a professional will repair your sliding glass doors:
- Before any repair or replacement steps are taken, protective gear will be put on to avoid injury.
- Over time, dirt, exposure to the elements and hard use can turn sliding doors into sticking doors. To solve this issue, the track will be cleaned with soap and warm water, so the rollers can be properly examined.
- After all debris is cleared from underneath the sliding glass doors, the trim—also known as the mull—will be pulled away from around the glass. This step is important in the extraction of the door.
- Once the trim is removed, an expert will carefully extract the glass door from its frame, lying it gently on the floor.
- If you need a replacement, measurements will be taken to calculate the size of the glass you need. If a repair is necessary, a specialist will clear away any broken glass and inject a resin into the glass panel.
- Lastly, the glass doors will be installed and the trim will be pushed back into place.
At Glass Doctor, we solve any glass problems you have with our affordable, expert solutions.
Glass Repair and Replacement Solutions at Glass Doctor
Whether you’re looking to replace or restore your sliding glass door, it’s important to find professionals who’ve worked on custom glass designs and pride themselves on producing truly unique, quality work.
Glass Doctor provides the following solutions:
- Energy-efficient glass to reduce energy costs and save on utility bills
- Decorative glass options with matching side window panes to enhance the look of your home
- Double-pane windows to ensure energy efficiency within your home
- Laminated and tempered glass that meets regulations for hurricane safety to protect your home against all kinds of weather
What to Expect with Glass Doctor
When you schedule a free, in-home consultation with Glass Doctor, here’s what you can expect:
- Our professionals will show up on time and in uniform, making sure to put on protective footgear before entering your home.
- Inside your house, our experts will determine if a repair or replacement is necessary and take measurements of the existing doors.
- Within 24 hours, we will give you a free, upfront quote for the repair or replacement and schedule a time to come back and complete the project.
Why Glass Doctor?
Our certified professionals provide quality workmanship as well as:
- Free, in-home estimates with no overtime charges
- Upfront pricing so you know exactly what you’re paying for
- Flexible appointment scheduling times
- Expertise in all types of glass repair and replacement
- 24/7, same-day emergency repair and replacement services
Sliding Glass Door Repair Near Me
Call Glass Doctor today at 855-603-1919 to schedule an appointment, or speak to an expert about affordable sliding glass door repair and replacement services.
The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/1990/06/03/nyregion/home-clinic-fixing-sliding-p...
U.S. Department of Energy: https://energy.gov/energysaver/energy-efficient-windows