Solutions for Patio Glass Door Replacement
Patio glass door replacements are one of the most common yet trickiest types of door repairs. It can be challenging to replace patio door glass by yourself—save time and money by having it done the right way.
Glass Doctor® offers the best value in home glass repair and replacement services at over 250 locations nationwide. Get custom glass solutions from the glass experts you trust.
What to Know Before Replacing Glass in Your Patio Doors
Replacing glass in your patio doors is a complicated and costly process, even for DIY experts.
- If the glass is not removed and re-installed correctly, the process could further damage the door causing more broken glass or even require complete door replacement.
- You’ll have to meticulously disassemble and reassemble the door panel, so you’ll need to be careful to avoid injuries and broken glass.
- While you might intend to save money by doing it yourself, you may save more in the long run if you choose quality glass solutions that are built to last.
If you need glass replaced on your exterior doors, you’ll find responsive customer service, convenient scheduling, high-quality workmanship and upfront pricing with Glass Doctor.
What Affects the Cost of My Patio Door Glass Replacement?
The cost of glass replacements for exterior doors will depend on what type of patio door you intend to restore. For example:
- Double pane glass in your door is typically more expensive to replace than single pane options because more glass product is involved. However, the two layers of glass reduce your energy bill and increase comfortability within your home by stabilizing the indoor temperature.
- A sliding door glass replacement is necessary to ensure ease of access to your patio, but it will typically cost more to replace the entire glass pane for a sliding door, since the sheet of glass is much larger than the average window or glass door panel.
It is always important to weigh the advantages of different glass types, styles and sizes, and how they will affect the interior and exterior of your home.
You should take into consideration your budget, and how the replacement will pay off in the long-run. Your home will benefit from enhanced safety, insulation and energy savings, so these custom glass solutions are an investment that may increase the value of your home, and actually save you money over time.
Patio Door Glass Replacement: What to Expect
When you call Glass Doctor for glass repairs and replacements, we make it simple to provide the best experience for you:
- One of our glass professionals will provide an in-home consultation, take measurements of the patio doors and evaluate the work needed to be done.
- We will offer an upfront, flat-rate quote, detailing pricing and the scope of the project. Once you approve the quote, we will schedule a follow-up installation appointment.
- After the patio doors have been replaced, we will clean up the work area and give you instructions on how to take care of your new doors.
When to Replace Your Home’s Exterior Glass
Defects in your exterior doors are a safety concern as damage can make it easier for intruders to break in. Don’t wait to call the glass experts for assistance.
Not all problems are as easy to detect as a broken windowpane. If your double-pane windows are milky or foggy even in normal temperatures, you may have a compromised seal, meaning that it’s time for a glass pane replacement.
Here are some additional reasons why you should replace your glass windows and doors:
Glass Replacement Options for Patio Doors
There are several quality options for glass replacement in your exterior doors, including:
- Decorative glass with matching sidelites
- Energy-efficient glass
- Hurricane-rated laminated glass
- Low-emissivity (low-E) windows to reduce glare and filter out bad UV rays
Why Choose Glass Doctor for Patio Door Glass Replacement?
Our glass experts can handle all of your home glass door repair and replacement needs, including fixing your exterior patio doors, French doors and sliding doors.
Not only can we repair and replace your glass, but we can protect it with our hydrophobic coating glass protectant that protects against hard water, mineral deposits, environmental pollutants and weathering.
When time is of the essence, it’s best to call professionals who provide in-home consultations and 24-hour services, seven days a week.
Schedule a Patio Door Glass Replacement with Glass Doctor Today
Contact our professionals at (855) 603-1919 and get your patio door glass replacement today.
Glass Education Center: https://glassed.vitroglazings.com/topics/how-low-e-glass-works
National Glass Association: https://www.glass.org/
Scientific American: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-is-tempered-glass-mad/