What Is the Cost to Replace My Windshield?
When your windshield is cracked, chipped or shattered, it needs to be repaired or replaced in order to keep the safety of your vehicle in check. According to the National Windshield Repair Association, the average cost for a windshield replacement is roughly $350, while the average windshield repair can cost around $99—and these numbers may vary based on the damage.
Glass Doctor® experts will provide same-day emergency services and work with your insurance or auto warranty company to offer an affordable price. Call 855-603-1919 for a free estimate today.
Factors that Affect Windshield Replacement Costs
The price of a windscreen repair is subject to your specific vehicle and type of damage sustained by the glass, which will influence the cost to replace your windshield. Typically, a replacement will cost more if the glass is customized in some way, including:
- Luxury vehicles, like Mercedes or Audi, may cost more for a windshield replacement due to their specific dimensions.
- Sensors that are based on the windshield may increase the price of your replacement, because the glass will have to accommodate this feature.
- Tinted glass will also have a higher price tag, considering that the windscreen will have to be altered after installation.
- Collectible cars, as expected, will cost more to replace the windshield depending on how difficult it is to locate a proper replacement.
The cost to replace your windshield may be more than a repair, but a proper installation is necessary to ensure that your vehicle complies with driver safety standards.
Keeping Replacement Costs Low
Many insurance companies will waive your deductible and pay for windscreen crack repair costs in full. If you have an auto warranty, check your specific contract to see if your provider covers windshield repairs or replacements. If it is determined that your windshield needs to be completely replaced, Glass Doctor accepts most forms of insurance and can work around payment options that meet your needs. We handle the paperwork and deal directly with your insurance company to make the process simple and easy for you.
Our glass specialists are also specially trained to evaluate whether a repair—rather than a replacement—is possible, and we always do our best to save you time and money.
Does My Windshield Need to Be Replaced?
Extreme weather, rocks and flying debris can cause cracks in your vehicle’s front windshield. Regardless of whether a repair or replacement is needed, damaged windscreens should be taken care of as soon as possible before they worsen. The windshield provides 60% of a car’s structural integrity in the event of a rollover.
Also keep in mind that, in many states, driving with a damaged windshield is illegal and can earn you a ticket.
Why Glass Doctor?
Since 1962, our Glass Doctor auto glass experts have been servicing the glass needs of communities throughout the U.S. Our prices match or beat the national averages, and our service is second to none. We also work with businesses whose auto fleets need multiple glass repairs. Additionally, we offer:
- Upfront pricing—so you know what you’re getting
- Working with your insurance company to give you an affordable price on windshield repairs
- Flexible scheduling for appointments
- Quality workmanship
Glass Doctor Road Hazard Guarantee
Glass Doctor is committed to service, professionalism and great value. You can expect our work to meet the standards set by the Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC). But we don’t stop there. Save even more money with several protection and road hazard plans that extend the life of your auto glass and windshields.
- G12® Road Hazard Guarantee—This service comes at no cost to you when we replace your existing windshield. It covers unlimited repairs to your windshield caused by typical road hazards as well as a single full windshield replacement within 12 months of your initial servicing.
- G12 Future Installation Option—This option includes labor and installation fees not covered in our G12 Road Hazard Guarantee.
- G12 Value Package—This extended warranty package option brings together all the elements of the G12 Road Hazard Guarantee and the G12 Future Installation Option and throws in a free set of windshield wiper blades and an application of Clear Choice™ glass protectant, our uniquely designed formula that preserves the quality of your windshield during inclement weather.
Call Glass Doctor for a Free Windshield Replacement Quote
At Glass Doctor, our auto glass experts offer friendly service and affordable solutions when you need it. Talk with one of our experts about the cost to replace your windshield.
Call us today at 855-603-1919.
National Windshield Repair Association:
Safe Windshields: http://www.safewindshields.org/
Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.
Time limit for claims applies. Full details here.