Windshield Repair and Replacement
If your vehicle has a cracked or shattered windshield, you may need immediate repair or replacement service in order to stay safe on the road. Glass Doctor® of Victoria in Victoria has a team of trained specialists who will get your vehicle back on the road within a short, convenient period of time. We will always choose to repair, rather than replace, a windshield when possible. For the times when repair is not an option, we strictly adhere to Auto Glass Safety Standards™ (AGSC) to ensure that your vehicle retains the same, quality glass as it received from its original manufacturer.
Repair vs. Replace
A windshield repair takes very little time to complete and will leave your glass looking new. Here are a few considerations Glass Doctor of Victoria uses when assessing the condition of a damaged windshield:
- Size: As a general rule, any damage that spans more than 3/8 inch for chips and more than 3 inches for cracks will require replacement.
- Location: Splintered cracks that are spreading will also be ineligible for a simple repair, as well as damage within the driver’s line of vision. If the repair does not cure with complete clarity, the driver’s line of vision will be distorted, leading to dangerous driving conditions.
- Timespan: If windshield damage has been allowed to remain for an extensive period of time, a slow buildup of dirt and debris can inhibit a successful repair. Although these cases are fairly rare, they do require a full windshield replacement.
Glass Doctor of Victoria works with all major insurance carriers. Our team will fill out and submit all necessary paperwork. Simply contact your insurance company to confirm coverage before service begins.
Windshield repair is the first consideration Glass Doctor of Victoria takes when a damaged vehicle is brought into the shop. The repair process is simple: any existing dirt buildup is removed and a clean path is created for the resin to bond. When the surface has been prepared, the resin is injected into the windshield, cured and polished.
Here are a few benefits of having your windshield repaired by Glass Doctor of Victoria:
- Quick Service: A windshield can easily be repaired within an hour of being brought into the shop.
- Affordable: The cost of repairs are significantly less than the cost of a new windshield.
- Insurance: Often times, an insurance company will waive your deductible and pay for the entire repair.
- Eco-friendly: Repairing, rather than replacing, a windshield helps in a small way to decrease the waste that increases our landfills.
The windshield plays an integral role in the structural composition of any vehicle. When you need a new windshield, you can count on Glass Doctor of Victoria to provide prompt, safe services. We will remove the old, damaged windshield and provide a new one that aligns with the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality. Using industry-approved adhesives, the new windshield is carefully set into place. After a one-hour waiting period, you are ready to hit the road again.
All of our windshield replacements come with our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If your new windshield is chipped or cracked within 12 months of installation, we will fix repair or replace it, for free. Exclusions apply.
A damaged windshield threatens the safety of both the driver and passengers in a vehicle. Take care of your loved ones and contact Glass Doctor of Victoria for all of your auto glass needs.