Windshield Repair and Replacement
If your windshield is damaged, it's important to have it promptly repaired or replaced to keep your vehicle as safe as possible and prevent small cracks or chips from becoming larger. Count on Glass Doctor® of Victoria, BC to professionally repair or replace your windshield so it's as safe and secure.
We'll consider the following criteria when deciding whether a repair is possible:
- Size: Generally, chips bigger than one cm in size or cracks more than seven cm long make a replacement necessary.
- Location: Damage that interferes with the driver's line of sight requires replacement, since even the most professional repair may cause a slight blur in the area. Cracks close to the edge of your windshield tend to spread, so we'll need to replace your windshield if it has this type of damage.
- Timespan: Dirt and other debris will become embedded in the damaged area over time, making a successful repair less possible.
We recommend having your windshield repaired when possible because it's less expensive than a replacement. In fact, many insurance companies will charge you nothing out-of-pocket for a repair. Our specialists are able to complete repairs more quickly than replacements, so you'll be back on the road faster. And with a repair, your windshield stays on your vehicle instead of ending up in a landfill where it would take more than a million years to decompose.
First, we remove debris from the damaged area to create a clean surface for the repair resin. We then carefully inject resin into the crack or chip. Finally, we cure and polish the resin to create a lasting, clear finish.
Windshield Glass Replacement
A windshield protects you and your passengers in case of a crash, providing vital structural integrity to your vehicle. It also allows airbags to properly deploy in an accident. Replacing this vital piece of safety equipment is performed with the following steps:
- We carefully remove the damaged windshield to avoiding damaging the paint and bonding surface, which can lead to leaks and corrosion.
- Our specialists install your new glass, utilizing the best adhesives and procedures to make sure it's secure. An original equipment manufacturer OEM) windshield is used to ensure that your new windshield provides the same protection as the one that was factory-installed. After applying the adhesive, we allow the bond to cure in a controlled environment to ensure the best results.
- Before you leave, we review our windshield guarantee with you, included free with your windshield replacement. It covers damage that occurs within 12 months.
Choose Glass Doctor of Victoria, BC
Your windshield is too important to trust to anyone who isn't highly qualified and backed by a reliable, professional company. We have the expertise and training needed to determine if a repair will restore your vehicle's structural integrity or if a windshield glass replacement is needed. Our specialists follow the industry's highest standards, using procedures and materials recommended by the non-profit Auto Glass Safety Council™. We're available and will respond to you at your convenience in our mobile unit. Our specialists will also work with your insurance company and fill out your paperwork. If your windshield has been chipped or cracked, contact Glass Doctor of Victoria, BC today to ensure that your vehicle remains safe. We'll get you safely back on the road quickly with an expertly repaired or replaced windshield.