Windshield Repair and Replacement
Once you notice a chip or crack in your windshield it is vital to seek immediate repair. Windshields are vital to maintaining your vehicle's safety, so Glass Doctor® of Ronkonkoma encourages you to schedule a windshield chip repair as soon as you notice damaged glass. Our glass specialists use industry best practices to restore the windshield's visual clarity and the vehicle's structural integrity. For added peace of mind, Glass Doctor of Ronkonkoma includes the G12® Road Hazard Guarantee with windshield replacements.
Seek Prompt Windshield Care
A vehicle's safety restraint system includes the seat belts, airbags and windshields. One of the system's main purposes is to keep passengers within a vehicle in the event of a collision. Damage to one part of the system affects the effectiveness of the other components. When a windshield is chipped, for example, the airbags may not deploy correctly in a collision.
A windshield is like an eggshell; the slightest crack makes it more vulnerable to breaks. The Auto Glass Safety Council™ reports that in front-end collisions, windshields account for up to 40% of an automobile's structural integrity when they're in good shape. In rollover incidents, the auto glass makes up 60% of the vehicle's structural integrity. A strong windshield saves lives.
Windshield Chip Repair Advantages
The specialists at Glass Doctor of Ronkonkoma always opt for windshield repairs over replacements when the solution is effective and safe. Customers prefer repairs because:
- Time savings: We complete most repairs in 30 minutes or less.
- Cost savings: Repairs are less expensive than windshield replacements.
- Insurance benefit: Your auto policy might cover the cost of a windshield chip repair. If it does, we'll handle the paperwork for you.
- Ultimate convenience: We work with your schedule. If you can't make it to the shop, the mobile unit will go to you.
- Environmentally friendly: Repairs prevent landfill waste.
- Assurance: Windshield repairs do as good of job at restoring an automobile's structural integrity as replacements.
Windshield Chip Repair Process
- A specialist cleans the impacted area. If necessary, the expert will use a drill to make a void for the resin to enter.
- The specialist applies the repair resin to the cleaned chip or crack.
- The resin dries and cures.
- The expert polishes the resin and glass to reveal a like-new finish.
While windshield repairs are a good solution for most chips and cracks, there are times when replacements are the best option. Glass specialists consider the following when evaluating your auto glass:
- Glass type: Some types of auto glass are irreparable after an impact, such as tempered glass.
- Impact age: Older impacts have a greater amount of dirt and debris, making a successful repair difficult.
- Impact size: Chips that are more than 3/8 inch and cracks longer than three inches necessitate replacements.
- Impact location: Glass specialists replace windshields when impacts are in the line of sight or along the edge of the glass.
Windshield Replacement Process
- The glass expert removes the auto glass, taking special care to preserve the bonding surface and paint.
- The expert selects a new windshield that has the same original equipment manufacturer quality.
- The specialist spreads an AGSC-approved adhesive on the bonding surface.
- The specialist installs the new windshield using the latest industry techniques and allows the adhesive to dry and cure.
New windshield installations from Glass Doctor of Ronkonkoma come with the 12-month G12 Road Hazard Guarantee. The guarantee provides a one-time only glass replacement if normal road hazards damage it.
Contact Glass Doctor of Ronkonkoma to schedule a windshield chip repair. Your safety depends on it.