Modern vehicles are carefully designed for safety. Your windshield contributes to the structural support of your car and is protection during an accident. According to the Auto Glass Safety Council™, windshields account for more than 45% of structural integrity and protection during a rollover accident. Damaged windshields in an accident increase the likelihood of getting crushed or ejected. Trust Glass Doctor® of Morehead City, NC with all your damaged auto-glass needs.
Factors Influencing Windshield Repair
Before choosing to repair or replace, we carefully examine the windshield and consider three factors. In most cases, the safest and best course is to replace the entire windshield, but we sometimes recommend expert windshield repair.
- Location: The location of the chip or crack is the overriding factor determining if we provide windshield repair or must replace the glass. Chips or cracks in the driver's line of sight, or along the edges of the windshield are a reason to replace the windshield.
- Size: The size of the chip or crack is another important consideration. Our glass repair specialists quickly repair chips smaller than 3/8-inch, about the size of a quarter, and cracks less than three inches in length.
- Time: The time that passes gives Glass Doctor specialists an idea of if they are able to repair the damage or not. As time goes on dirt and grime gets into the cracks and chips in your window and makes it nearly impossible to repair.
Don't put the safety of your family at risk. Waiting too long increases the risk of accident and the likelihood of a windshield replacement instead of repair. In many cases, most auto insurance companies cover our work. Talk to your representative before scheduling an appointment. We're happy to file paperwork for you. Our glass specialists are equipped with the knowledge and tools to quickly repair or replace all types of vehicle windshields.
There are many reasons windshield repair is the correct solution for small cracks and chips. The cost is less for windshield repair and most insurance companies offer to waive the deductible when paying for the repairs. Prompt repair restores your windshield's ability to protect your family and is environmentally responsible.
Our auto-glass experts follow strict steps created by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) :
- Carefully clear debris from the damaged area.
- Inject a high-quality resin into the chip/crack.
- The resin is left to cure.
- After the resin is cured, the glass is polished to a clear, seamless finish.
When replacement is needed, our automotive glass specialists perform a precise series of steps to replace your windshield. The old glass is carefully removed, and matching Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS) glass is carefully installed using only AGSC-approved adhesives. The windshield must dry for one hour before you drive. Every windshield replacement we do is covered by our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If the new windshield is damaged within the next 12 months, Glass Doctor of Morehead City, NC will repair or replace the glass for a large discounted price.
A damaged windshield puts your family at risk! Call Glass Doctor of Morehead City, NC today or schedule an appointment online.