Windshield Repair and Replacement
A crack or chip in your windshield is more than an inconvenience that mars your vehicle’s appearance. It’s also a safety hazard.
The damage may compromise your ability to see clearly and the structural integrity of your car. In a front-end collision or a rollover, your windshield provides vital protection, helping to keep your car’s roof and structure intact. It also helps keep passengers from being ejected from the vehicle and lets air bags deploy properly.
What starts as a small issue often becomes worse over time as your windshield expands and contracts with temperature changes. It’s important to have the damage repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
Glass Doctor® of London’s auto glass repair specialists will inspect the damage to determine whether a windshield repair or replacement is the best choice for your car. We have emergency service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and will be upfront about pricing so you won’t have any surprises.
Each windshield is professionally evaluated on an individual basis, but in general, the following factors are considered:
- Location: If a crack is near the edge of a windshield, it is likely to spread and thus needs to be replaced. A chip in front of the driver’s field of vision also needs replacement. Even an excellent repair may be slightly blurry after it cures, reducing visibility. If your car has multiple drivers, make sure to consider their different heights when determining what area constitutes the drivers’ lines of sight.
- Size: A chip smaller than a loonie or a crack shorter than a dollar bill is often a good candidate for repair.
- Depth: A deep crack or chip is less likely to be successfully repaired than one that doesn't go as far into the glass.
- Timespan: If a chip or crack isn't repaired, it will get debris like dirt, sand, and road salt embedded in the damage site. This makes an effective repair less possible.
- Convenience: Our specialists usually complete the repair within an hour.
- Cost: A repair is cheaper than replacement, and some insurance companies will waive your deductible.
- Safety: Repairs allow you to keep your original factory-installed windshield intact.
- Environmentally friendly: Your windshield stays on your car instead of ending up in a landfill.
If it’s not possible to repair your windshield and restore its structural integrity and visual clarity, we’ll replace it. We follow Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) guidelines to ensure a safe, lasting windshield replacement. Glass Doctor of London stands behind our G12® Windshield Guarantee and will repair or replace your windshield glass if it’s cracked or damaged within 12 months.
Glass Doctor of London will work with your insurance company and expertly repair or replace your windshield. Schedule an appointment today, ensure whenever you're on the road you're confident your windshield is safe and secure.